Hello !

I am trying to understand some basics 2D game development.

So I decided to start small and try a simple game as a beginning.

On this porpuse, I choose to write a remake of an ooooold Atari game called Frogger (Or something like that...).

I will write it using a Chicken that crosses a road (I was thinking about a tomatoe, but a chicken is nicer), full of cars at the Rush Hour. The objective is to get all chickens across the road before the timeout and without getting em killed by the cars. Level difficulty will be achieved by using variations of car patterns and speeds.

The game should be playable online, and the Chicken should have some "latency" (Inertia) in his responsiveness (To emulate Chickens naturally ocurring low brain cell count).

But i need some help. I am a programmer, not a game artist.

So i am looking for someone who could draw chickens (Both walking or crushed) Cars (Trucks, Cars etc) and Asphalt (With variations). Ah, if the chicken is stopped it would be nice to have it eating something. (Those things chickens do all the time).

I also need sound effects (A nice cocoroco and a screaming chicken).

1 - Basic game logic will be about controlling the chicken (indirectly) against a stream of cars to get to the other side of the road. Click a chicken, click somewhere in the road, the chicken tries to obey. Carefull, they are not very smart.

2 - You can have more than one chicken traversing the road at the same time, this can save time, but adds difficulty.

3 - Game difficulty increases with car patterns and speed.

4 - Chickens can fly above the cars and the traps, for some distance (Can we have a chicken flying sprite ?) but this ability needs time recharging.

5 - After all chickens traversed the road, you go to another, higher, level.

6 - In multiplayer, both teams chickens will be traversing the same road.

7 - You can setup traps to make the other team chicken's life more difficult.

2D engine : I will try with HGE.

Sprites needed : A sequence of a chicken walking, a sequence of a chicken flying, a sequence of an idle chicken eating somthing on the road, some cars, some roads, some traps, a dead chicken (poor little chicken), a chicken win screen.

Sounds neded : Cocorico... A chicken dieing... Trap setting and triggering, hmm car sounds in general. Flying chicken. etc.

If someone wants to help me, jump in !

Thanks in advance,
J. Aldo.