BlueCat: I'm glad you agree with the 'one site' concept. Would could somehow merge the name too to show that one isn't taking over the other, rather they are both comming together to make one site. Still need to see what Savage decideds though. Does he want to do this with us?

iLLUNis: Hmm... Maybe not the best example either. That would fit if they had the same function(Intel makes chips and other things, MS makes software and a few hardware bits), both have a very different "products and services". Now it could work if DGDev stayed as forums and DelphiGamer stayed as is, but I don't think that is what we are wanting to do here...

Turbo: Hey thanks for joinning our discussion. Your a big part of the community and I believe that with your interest in this we can really benifit from your knowledge and efforts. We already do so with Turbo(the site). BlueCat brings up an interesting point about your site being not-just-Delphi, which makes oddities, if you would want to bring Turbo to the mix(This is just to throw the idea out there, I'm not forcing the issue or anything...). Now, is this something that you would like to throw into the mix? You could very-well move your news to the new DelphiGameDev site and still be able to have quite a bit of content to host, if you chose to do that. The reason I'm so into the idea of merging the "staff" of these sites is that instead of having all of them existing as separate entities hurts the overall idea of a large single community as opposed to a few small scattered villages, if you will. So, like I asked Savage, would you like to join the new Delphi Game Developer Super-Duper Community Site? [<-- Please lets not call it this?]

And now I rant:

:arrow: Typical Scenario with the mish-mash approach

New(and I mean new to programming in general) guy learns pascal/Delphi for whatever freak reason(I caught on by fluke after playing with TP7/BP7 for so long).

His friends who are *ahem* self proclaimed "experts" by the age of XX-teen(yeah, I'll admit, I was very oppinionated at an early age myself :twisted: ) in highschool keep bugging him to drop Pascal and its dead and a whole line of stuff. But he is determined and finds the language, like most of us, to be easy to code in.

Now he hears somehow that there are tools and libraries that help you make really cool games with it... Uh oh, he starts looking for game development sites. Has already been to some.

His searches bring him to GameDev and other site(alot of them feturing and C++ and a whole ton with crazy names that I don't care to remember half of them ) AND eventually to the new DelphiGameDeveloper site-err sites?. Uh oh...

He sticks around long enough to see that oh look there is news for new and exciting things going on with Delphi...on another site... :shock: err... ok... well there are tutorials here... hmm all next to text, not to colorfull... hmm borring!(Not the best attitue to have, I do agree, but new people are like this they need to see pretty graphics and nicely designed everything or they lose interest, quickly...) He will also notice that the people working on the sites are sparse sue to lack of enthusiasm, the pages are that great to look at([Hold on don't hit me!] Now, I'm not saying that the sites look bad or that the great effort put into either one isn't at all good. But to tie in the two sites so that they are joinned at the hip, how nasty a contrast would they be to one another with the current scemes they are in now? Plus the fact that seemless will not be on the table at this point.)

Here is where our hero(err new guy) starts to squirm... the young brain is starting to work out his new found knowlage(hampster power! - I'm in a strange mood can you tell?) :idea: Hmm... well everything is all over the place and now very well designed... it looks like a little hobby site(ok ok, so some hobby sites look great and we are sort of doing this as our hobby, but what we are looking at is building a comunity not a small hobby site).

So our new found new guy remembers all the crap that his friends dumped on him about Pascal(probably still are) and he continues to be discouraged by the lack of organization that the mish-mash presents(If you don't have a solid foundation to build upon from the start the structure will shake and someday fall...) he continues to see how sites like GameDev thrive with activity and that most of the content is C related things... eventually one day :idea: Screw this... I think I'll just learn C.

This is worst case scenario, but not far off from what a spit up divided, multi-site, patch-up project would detail. We do not want this we want something to the effect of GameDev for Delphi right? We have to start it right from the start properly if we want to actually build a larger community from where we are now. Am I "beating the war drum"? Well... yes. I think we need this. And we need to do it right from "go".