Who thinks it's a good idea to have our own usergroup and a private forum? It's worked well for the DGDev game project team (OK we're not the fastest game developers in the world but we're getting there ).
I can think of a number of reasons why this is a good idea, but also why this is a bad idea. This forum was (and still is) meant for every delphigamer to express their ideas and thoughts.
If people have ideas, let them post those. And if they don't have any then let them read about the ideas of others. We are working on an important fase in the Delphi Games Community, we can't shut people out from that?!

On the other hand, we do need a (selected) group to filter out those ideas. A group of people who are going to carefully decide which ideas are to be realized and which won't.

My suggestion would be, great 2 threads. One where everybody may write their ideas in, and one where the selected view can discuss about the ideas, written in the first thread.

Perhaps I'm going too fast with the next thing, but there is a matter which hasn't come up yet. One that might be something to think about.
Say we do decide to put DGDev technically at the same level as flipcode and Gamedev. I mean with all the options I wrote earlier and the stuff you all come up with.
Who is going to build and especially maintain it? The same people who are going to be in this group? I personally wouldn't mind helping out, I can do both layout and coding. I have lot's of code from my own site which we can use, plus experience as a webprogrammer. (Note that I'm not talking about writting articles or tutorials here, just building and maintaining the site. )

What I was trying to say about Turbo and DelphiGamer is that, if we really are going to do this, then it's like putting a shopping center next to a grocery. People will eventually stop going to the grocery, because they can find everything they need in the shopping center. It's not a very pleasant thing for the owners of the grocery, who worked so hard for the cause. I think the least we can do is find a solution for this.

As for the name issue. I would keep it at DGDev. It's something people know by know. Plus, it's also the in the url.