I also have no problem with the possibility of this new DGDev site being a competitor to DelphiGamer.com as my aim has always been to compliment other sites like Turbo and anything that furthers the Pascal game development community is OK by me.
I don't think that competition is a good idea for us ... Why not trying to make some kind of Network ... This time my example wouldn't be Flipcode but Gamedev ...

Tuts and Articles on Gamedev doesn't always belong to gamedev ... But they promote some other sites as Gamasutra or less famous gaming sites by putting links to these sites.

We could do the same thing for DGdev and DG and Turbo ...

Another possibility would be to group the 3 sites in order to build a huge ressource site .

Now ... about the site itself. I can't really help you building the site(since I suck at PHP, Java and Javascript). However I can help in writing tutorials.
Personnaly, I admit that I have no professional experience(because I'm still a student), anyway I can write articles mainly on DirectX, after that I've also some skills in algorithmics and I'm going to interest myself in AI.

For the name, I guess a simple : Delphi Game Developpers would be sufficient, wouldn't it ?