Wow, that was alot of ideas to read.
And BlueCat snuck a post in there right when I was reading too. :lol: All good.

:arrow: Well first was the admin/staff forums: BlueCat had a good point about the passwods for FTP, etc here. I think that Avatar's idea of having them write only by us and read only by everyone is a pretty good idea. How would we handle the passwords and private staff information though? I think that this will ultimately dictate weither or not we are to have a private forum for us alone. Problems and issues and unsure ideas can be discussed here.

:idea: We obviously would want use it to discuss things that we wish to "keep it within the family". This is something I've learned with the Army(served 6 years), if you have to rag on buddy for doing something stupid you do it in private. Some times in more than one person so together, but in PRIVATE. You don't want to embarase them and make all of us look bad. Just something else to consider amoung the other reasons.

:arrow: There is the concern of putting other sites out of business: This is a fair question. I've been to, I think(might just be assuming I have) mostly all of what the Delphi Game Dev comunities major sites around(I do count Traveler's as one). Turbo and DelphiGamer seem to be the main ones right now. Though interest in them might ween towards us due to the "One Site One Community" attraction, we are inviting them to come and join the new site so that that thunder isn't stolen. If they want to stick to their sites then I'm sure we would not falt them for it a single bit, but I think that by enlisting the two(but not limiting to them) into one would multiply interest in the Delphi community. I think that we get more just based on the thought of more frequent updates in news.

:!: Just a heads up guys: I have just dropped a line to Turbo(comment on his site and email), Savage(email) and Bobby(his forums).

:?: Are we going to use the same existing script used here for the forums? Just modify them? I would LOVE to keep these forums the functionality is really nice, but we may have to narrow down to a single theme (or two if feesable?).

:arrow: Just to throw up my credentials:
- PHP (just over the last year or so, but caught on really quickly)
- JavaScript (if I have to, but not that great at it)
- Delphi 3/5/6/7 (be in awe... :shock <-- actually about 5 years running...
- Flash 3/5/MX (I'm rusty though)
- In-line ASM (Denthor was the man back in the day!)
- I can cook a mean stir-fry?

:idea: Name Ideas(Doubt it'll change though):
- DelGamDev.com/tk/net
- DelphiGameDev.com/tk/net
- DelphiGD.com/tk/net

Awe heck, it's good as it is...