iLLUNis: Sorry, that wasn't aimed at anyone in particular, it was just late and I'd had a few beers and that quote seemed to fit somehow ops:
I think the points you made were very important, it's easy to forget how it feels to be a newbie visiting a site for the first time when you see that site every day and know a lot of the members.

splattergnome: May I call you splatty? I can see that it doesn't matter how you get somewhere as long as you get there. It would make sense to use the DGDev and DelphiGamer names to bring traffic to a new site.
But keeping them separate could be a little confusing when just about everybody who visits one site is going to visit the other.

WILL: Pushy? You? Never! :twisted: I didn't think the 'one-site' idea was the right one for us at first. But the more I think about it, it does make a lot of sense. We have a chance to build the best Delphi game dev site and there's nothing wrong with 'thinking big'. Putting everything into one place might be the only way to do this properly. Wasn't GameDev.net a combination of about 5 sites? Imagine if you were trying to sell 2 soft drinks, one called 'Coca' and the other called 'Cola'. Try telling your customers they're both the same drink. Bad analogy but you get what I mean? :?

A quick point about Turbo, it covers more than 'just' Delphi, it's for Borland compilers. Might not be important but thought I'd better mention it.