Quote Originally Posted by WILL View Post
[*]New mini competitions via PGD Challenge
I was very happy about that, not least to keep is fairly tight (so you don't have to use the whole summer to stand a chance) and with a theme.
[*]Students are getting excited and posting here on PGD now thanks to Dr. Norman Morrison and my own personal interests in getting young people interested in learning Pascal again.
This is particularly important. We have the right tools, we only need someone to tell the students about them. I would like to teach Pascal here but nobody seems to remember it and nobody knows how good it is. I know, but my courses are 3rd year and up and I don't have time to introduce a new language in such courses. They do teach Ada at lower grades but nobody seem to follow that up.

And of course those of us who are veterans need some patience with the newbies so they feel welcome. I think the community is pretty good at that.

Bad stuff? None that I can think of, really. It would be good with a bit more traffic, but you are definitely doing the right things to encourage that. (I am here much more often than before, that can be a positive sign.) I need more Mac/iOS people here to get more people doing things I do but there is some iOS interest so that isn't too bad.