Thread: The Probe

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_nicholls View Post
    Actually, talking about re-factoring...how would you feel if I made the menus for The Probe clickable using a mouse only? I am thinking this would be in preparation for a touch interface later on down the track if I make an Android version

So I might have some worlds to click on, and then the unlocked levels would be as icons you can click on for example like in Angry Birds and other games...
    I don't think that making menu only clickable is a good thing.
    Yes having ability to click on menu items would come in handy for touch screen devices. But sticking only to clickable items would make life for PC users a bit more complicated, especialy for those who likes using gamepads and other controlers. Anywhay having keyboard suport in menu is just a few lines of code more.

About unlocked levels having icons for user to click on would be a great idea. Another great idea would be multiprofile support (each player has his own profile).
    Last edited by SilverWarior; 28-01-2012 at 11:19 AM.

Ok, thanks for the feedback...I will keep the menus usable by keyboard + controller, and mouse for touch later on

Separate profiles would be a good idea...thanks!
    Well, I'm off to catch some ZZZ now - it's 11:04pm here in Tasmania, Australia!