Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: The Probe

Yes it does support them. And if I'm not mistaken delphi has taken that after lazarus.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverWarior View Post
    Yes it does support them. And if I'm not mistaken delphi has taken that after lazarus.
    LOL! Ok, cool

Actually, talking about re-factoring...how would you feel if I made the menus for The Probe clickable using a mouse only? I am thinking this would be in preparation for a touch interface later on down the track if I make an Android version

So I might have some worlds to click on, and then the unlocked levels would be as icons you can click on for example like in Angry Birds and other games...
    Last edited by paul_nicholls; 28-01-2012 at 08:36 AM.

Lazarus supports regions in two flavors:

Code:
    {$REGION Fold anything you want} 

{$ENDREGION}
    and

Code:
    {%REGION Fold anything you want} 

{%ENDREGION}
    Though the first one should raise a warning from the compiler
    Get your fpc4gba copy now!
    Get your fpc4nds copy now!

Thanks Legolas
    PS. I haven't seen you around much lately on PGD

Quote Originally Posted by paul_nicholls View Post
    Actually, talking about re-factoring...how would you feel if I made the menus for The Probe clickable using a mouse only? I am thinking this would be in preparation for a touch interface later on down the track if I make an Android version

So I might have some worlds to click on, and then the unlocked levels would be as icons you can click on for example like in Angry Birds and other games...
    I don't think that making menu only clickable is a good thing.
    Yes having ability to click on menu items would come in handy for touch screen devices. But sticking only to clickable items would make life for PC users a bit more complicated, especialy for those who likes using gamepads and other controlers. Anywhay having keyboard suport in menu is just a few lines of code more.

About unlocked levels having icons for user to click on would be a great idea. Another great idea would be multiprofile support (each player has his own profile).
    Last edited by SilverWarior; 28-01-2012 at 11:19 AM.

Ok, thanks for the feedback...I will keep the menus usable by keyboard + controller, and mouse for touch later on

Separate profiles would be a good idea...thanks!
    Well, I'm off to catch some ZZZ now - it's 11:04pm here in Tasmania, Australia!

Quote Originally Posted by paul_nicholls View Post
    Thanks Legolas
    PS. I haven't seen you around much lately on PGD
    Yes, I'm in "lurking mode" mood lately
    By the way, I'm doing a complete refactoring on my chip16 emulator, adding the new opcodes too. Maybe I'll use your audio unit because it works just great
    Get your fpc4gba copy now!
    Get your fpc4nds copy now!

Quote Originally Posted by Legolas View Post
    By the way, I'm doing a complete refactoring on my chip16 emulator, adding the new opcodes too. Maybe I'll use your audio unit because it works just great
    Cool! Glad I could help in the audio department

cheers,
    Paul

Well, I have updated the website for The Probe now...I have added a "Contact" page (send messages, etc. to me) and a "Submit/Review Bugs" page.
    So when bugs are found from now on, if you could try submitting bugs to the website now, I can keep up on top of them and not forget them

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516