Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: The Probe

Hi all,
    I have got another update of The Probe uploaded to my dropbox folder

I apologize for the much larger size of the download, it now has in-game music (woo hoo!...thanks Safrosoft!), and I can't yet play compressed audio formats in my engine...this is on my TODO list!

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1805932/TheP...12.01.05%29.7z (14.6MB, 7-zip file)

Here is the change log:
    Version: 2012.01.05
    * Change - Added control and audio configuration menus & dialogs. This includes hearing music & sfx when adjusting their respective volumes.
    * Change - Default game movement controls are now the cursor keys due to high demand.
    * Change - Added in-game music (woo hoo!).
    * Change - Configuration is saved to /loaded from .ini file in game folder.
    * Change - Updated "The Probe_Help.pdf" to reflect latest game changes like controls.
    * Change - Added sound effects for TLS charging (10% - 90% in steps of 10%).
    * Fix - Fixed bug where lives not set to default amount when doing new game.
    * Fix - Fixed bug where level updates before doors open and not in game mode.
    * TODO - Allow reading of compressed audio files to reduce game executable size. There is too much bloating right now due to the uncompressed music size.
    Enjoy!

cheers,
    Paul

bump!
    I hope all of you have had some very nice holidays so far?

There is a bug in editor. Ingame cursor is always drawn on one place (doesn't move).
    I also recomend changing TLS charging sound effects. It would be much better if you use some buzz loop sound and then you just change its buzzing frequency (lower the charge lower the frequency). This could also enable you to easily update sound for every percent of charge.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverWarior View Post
    There is a bug in editor. Ingame cursor is always drawn on one place (doesn't move).
    Damn it! I know that I had fixed it, but in my current code base the bug was still there...I must have fixed it and not committed the changes or something and lost it
    My apologies about that! I will upload a new version ASAP...

Quote Originally Posted by SilverWarior View Post
    I also recomend changing TLS charging sound effects. It would be much better if you use some buzz loop sound and then you just change its buzzing frequency (lower the charge lower the frequency). This could also enable you to easily update sound for every percent of charge.
    Ok, noted...I will see if I can do something like you are saying

Thanks for the feedback mate! Much appreciated...and sorry again about the editor bug

cheers,
    Paul

Hey all,
    I have a problem with some song playing code in my game...it uses a thread to play a .mod or .xm tracker module in the background. It works perfectly under windows, but when I run it under Ubuntu 10.04 I get this error:

Any ideas?

EDIT: I didn't write the code, but I was hoping I could fix it so I don't have to bother the author of the code

cheers,
    Paul
    Last edited by paul_nicholls; 16-01-2012 at 12:54 AM. Reason: Updating post...

Anyone have any ideas about this error? Until it is fixed I can't make a linux version of The Probe...

You might be able to find some more info on the problem here: http://www.opensubscriber.com/messag.../12907559.html

Thanks SilverWarior...I did do a google before, but didn't find that particular page before...I will have a read

hmm...I don't think the link helped me very much unfortunately...

I found this page on FPC bug tracker wich actually describes similar if not the same problem. I hope it will be more helpful for you.
    http://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=8623

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast