Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Thread: The Probe

Without any line of code I can't say anything. Maybe you forgot to use unit cthreads?

What happens if you run the code without debugger?

@SilverWarior: Thanks for the link, some interesting stuff there...
    @Andru: I will hopefully be able to put the code online tonight.
    @User137:hmm...not sure, I will have to try tonight...I have to go to work soon and I am running windows ATM not Ubuntu (need to reboot my laptop)

cheers,
    Paul

@User137: So how do I run without the debugger in Lazarus(0.9.31, Ubuntu...)? I can't see an option, unless I am going blind! haha If I run the 'executable' directly from a window in Ubuntu then nothing seems to happen (I guess due to the error).
    @Andru: I have attached the music playing unit here: BeRoXM unit.zip
    If someone wants to use it, I would probably ask BeRo to make sure as that is the polite thing to do, especially if your project is a commercial one!!

I hope someone can find the threads bug, as that is the only thing holding me back now from releasing a Linux version!!

PS. The code is more complex and larger that it needs to be if you only want Win/Linux support...it also has compile defines and code for WinCE (which I am never going to use anyway...)

cheers,
    Paul
    Last edited by paul_nicholls; 18-01-2012 at 08:49 AM. Reason: Update...

Oh, I thought you have your own thread. Trying to find a bug(or maybe this is not a bug) inside BeRoXM will take much time, so...

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    Oh, I thought you have your own thread. Trying to find a bug(or maybe this is not a bug) inside BeRoXM will take much time, so...
    I thought as much, so I can easily go on with updating the windows version which will automatically update the linux version too

No rush...

cheers,
    Paul

Actually, I did have one question about trying to debug the music playing code...how can I debug a .so file that I have compiled under Linux using Lazarus anyhow?

I have been copying over the library .so file into the /usr/lib folder using a script (in sudo mode) so that Ubuntu can find it when I run The Probe. Unfortunately this means I can't debug and put in breakpoints into the code as I can't compile it using Lazarus into the /usr/lib folder directly, and if I leave it in the same folder as the game executable then Ubuntu can't find the .so file to load it

Quite frankly, I am stumped...

Any ideas?

cheers,
    Paul

I have gotten a breakthrough!! I still can't debug a ".so" file (would be nice...), but now I don't get the thread crash anymore

I had to add
    Code:
    {$ifdef linux}
      cthreads,
    {$endif}
    to both my project using the ".so" library file, and the library file itself, not just using cthreads in the BeRoXM code!!

I don't get any music still for some reason, but I don't get the crash anymore...yay!

I still would love to know how to debug a ".so" library file though

EDIT
    : hmm...it seems that I can step into the library from my main program just like in Delphi, so that really helps

cheers,
    Paul
    Last edited by paul_nicholls; 18-01-2012 at 10:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by paul_nicholls View Post
    @User137: So how do I run without the debugger in Lazarus(0.9.31, Ubuntu...)? I can't see an option, unless I am going blind! haha If I run the 'executable' directly from a window in Ubuntu then nothing seems to happen (I guess due to the error).
    Well, running the execautable directly is the same thing, although not done through Lazarus. It is useful sometimes so this is how:
    in Lazarus Tools menu -> Options ...
    -> Debugger -> Debugger type = (none)

Quote Originally Posted by User137 View Post
    Well, running the execautable directly is the same thing, although not done through Lazarus. It is useful sometimes so this is how:
    in Lazarus Tools menu -> Options ...
    -> Debugger -> Debugger type = (none)
    Ok, that makes sense

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast