Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The New PGD Starts Tomorrow!

Blog Entries

The New PGD Starts Tomorrow!

Hey everyone!

I am very happy to announce that tomorrow the site will be down for the whole day!!

No, I have not gone mad. In fact this is very good news, because all day tomorrow while the site is down I will be working feverishly to make all the final DB adjustments and tweaks to the new site software that will go up on Monday, 13 September, 2010. The amazing vBulletin 4 will be customized with a nice new theme and a whack-load of features.

PGD is about to get more interactive! Available with your new PGD Accounts, you will be able to express yourself more with user profiles, your own Developer Blog, RSS Feeds and a lot more.

I hope you will enjoy the new site once we come online starting Monday. For those of you who need some last minute information during the outage, please get whatever you need done tonight so you don't loose access to that information over the rest of the weekend.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Re: The New PGD Starts Tomorrow!

Well... You didn't even listen to me, eh?
    Waste of your users' money really.

Site Member warned!

Niceness!

Will all old posts be converted painlessly to the new system?

Quote Originally Posted by Nao
    Let's see now..
    Peregrinus, expectavi pedes meos in cymbalis
    Nullus norvegicorum sole urinat

Quote Originally Posted by Nao
    The fact that they chose vBulletin doesn't mean they didn't listen. They just disagreed.

Looking forward to the new site.
    Coders rule nr 1: Face ur bugz.. dont cage them with code, kill'em with ur cursor.

Hey Everyone,

Just thought I should tell you about my first experiences on the new site.

The good things:

> It looks great!
    > Forum posts can have attachements now. yay!
    > I like the news posts and the blogging feature.

Things that still need work.

> Noticed that the site can be slow sometimes (> 5sec to load a page). Have a look here:

http://www.theadminzone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73

> I miss a lot of options when writing my post (like insert URL, List, font etc).
    > The PM's contain strings like "'" to denote special characters. Maybe we can convert those back?
    > I don't really like the smileys, but that will probably be solved quickly.
    > Maybe the *.pas and *.dpr extensions can be added to the "Manage attachements" panel?

Overall, I hope this will give us all a little boost. Guess it's time to organize the next compo.
    Last edited by chronozphere; 13-09-2010 at 03:30 PM.
    Coders rule nr 1: Face ur bugz.. dont cage them with code, kill'em with ur cursor.

Well, I had to reset my password. You seem to have a slight problem with spam now as well...

edit: you should write a quick tutorial on how to create articles, how stuff can show up on the front page, where blogs are visible, etc. I've only got a basic understanding of this so far, but first I'd get to work on finding an anti-spam mod
    Last edited by dazappa; 13-09-2010 at 03:39 PM.

It was to be expected that the conversion came with a few bumps. But I'm pretty sure they will be ironed out soon.

On a slightly different, but still relevant subject. As of today I am no longer part of the admin team. With WILL back in the lead chair and myself less in the position to commit to the job, I have decided to step down as admin. I will of course remain here on PGD, writing about my game, answering questions if possible, etc, but just not while wearing the admin cap

Blog Entries
    Hey everyone,

If you haven't already check out the FAQ, it has a lot of good information about how to Create articles and use the Blogs. It also has the forum, blog and CMS Rules of Conduct along with some other important and interesting information as well. We do have a small issue of not seeing the WYSIWYG tool bar. I've been looking into it and hopefully we can fix this one soon. I'm sure it's just a setting I couldn't find. There are a lot of settings for this new board.

Sorry to those who have to reset passwords, unfortunately I have noticed the odd one or two that have even gone missing along with their posts. I hope you are not them, but if you are please make a new account and PM us. We may see about trying to retrieve your posts as we have a copy of the old database, but can't make any guarantees yet. The site software is rock solid, however unfortunately the importing tool was a bit shakey.

If you are having any more issues related to the new site please let us know and we will try to resolve it as best we can. Thanks and I hope you enjoy the new site.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Except you don't allow regular members to create articles

Hi, this might sound silly to waste my time to register a new account, just to tell you, i will no longer be visiting this forum for several reasons, after trying to login my real account, my password no longer worked, i tried to reset my pass, which sent me a random pass to my email, which when i tried to enter those details it told me wrong combination and subsequently blocked me from logging in for 15 minutes. i was also one of the members to warn that vBulletin is a very very bad choice, also another reason is. I really HATE change, i wanted to be able to come to a forum daily and chat about coding, or check up on the latest info, i dont want to be bothered with changing preferences, getting used to new websites, having my account blocked.... i much prefered the very original site and template on phpbb, which when changed to the new one i spent a long time getting used to the new style and site, and just when i finally got used to it, i came to the site today and this happened. i am very dissapointed that a programming community needs to rely on another website/forum system rather then furthur develope and spend coding time on the current site/forum.... thanks to those people that have helped me anyways, ciao.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast