View Poll Results: Do you think we should merge the sites?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, Please do it! Merge 'em all.

8 57.14%
  • No, I love DGDev, turbo and/or DelphiGamer the way they are!

1 7.14%
  • Yes, but only merge DGDev and turbo.(Please tell us why)

0 0%
  • Yes, but only merge DGDev and DelphiGamer.(Please tell us why)

5 35.71%
  • I'm not sure... but it sounds interesting.(Only if your really on the fence please)

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Merge the Sites? - new Delphi Game Developer Community Site

Merge the Sites? - new Delphi Game Developer Community Site

There is no any good english delphi game programming knowledge base I think! Forums are good for temporary use. It is not good that each new Delphi programmer starts with DelphiX. It is sad that allmost all popular Delphi game/graphics coding sites make DelphiX propaganda. Don't want to and dont have time to proove why delphix sux :|

Any merge wont help with this situation.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Goliatus
    There is no any good english delphi game programming knowledge base I think! Forums are good for temporary use. It is not good that each new Delphi programmer starts with DelphiX. It is sad that allmost all popular Delphi game/graphics coding sites make DelphiX propaganda. Don't want to and dont have time to proove why delphix sux :|

Any merge wont help with this situation.
    DGDev isn't a DelphiX propaganda site. Actually far from it. It's an online community for Delphi programmers that want to make games and come to get the latest information about game programming in Delphi. This is what it's growing towards. And what we are trying to improve to be able to provide this information in a easier format. One gamming graphics API will not dictate how the site will perform, I promise you.

The *NEW* DGDev, when finally merged, will have a new look, feel and set of what, hopefully we will all want it to be.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby
    If you need help with the site I am willing to help as well, let me know.

Bobby
    Thanks Bobby, I'm sure we could use an extra hand with web construction. We have a team setup, but won't be in action until I get some things sorted out. Drop BlueCat a message and he can initiate you into the fold if you would like.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Quote Originally Posted by WILL
    The *NEW* DGDev, when finally merged, will have a new look, feel and set of what, hopefully we will all want it to be.
    I also have an idea for this forum. We are making it on our polish gamedev board. It have codename "Museum"! We try to put links to all interesting topics from last 2yrs on one seperate category/board. Forum Search option doesnt have feature to "Find All Interesting Topics" So if there are no any interesting discussion and only beginner stuff on the top of the recet post list, someone new could say that it is NB forum. So we want to make a Museum to proove that our forum is on a good skill&experience level and new users can talk on many topics with us. And also Museum has some educational values :twisted:

P.S Forum Museum is some alternative for articles on www

Sounds like a very good idea I've got quite a lot of free time so if you need any help I'll be happy to lend a hand.

Blog Entries

Goliatus: Well you sound like you have quite the project going there. We'd be more than glad to associate with you in exchange it youd like. I'm sure the team won't mind me saying so.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

It is polish (ametaur) gamedev community with 4 years community. Since this 4 years the general feeling about gamecoding in delphi have seriously changed

Blog Entries

Hmm... well we'd certanly would love to hear more on that. Alot has definately changed as far as game programming in Delphi or Object Pascal.

Hmm... perhaps you would like to write an article for the new DGDev site when we get it up? It would make a great feature to help us kick off to an amazing start.

For those that have not read yet or are out of the loop; The new merger(already decided on a long time ago) will combine the sites DelphiGamer.com & DGDev.tk together to make a new site featuring news, staff written articles, development tutorials and these wonderful forums we all grew to love. Alot of older content from both sites will be kept and will be accessable from the new site. There will be more supprises, but lets not spoil them now.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Quote Originally Posted by WILL
    Hmm... perhaps you would like to write an article for the new DGDev site when we get it up? It would make a great feature to help us kick off to an amazing start.
    If my English lang knowledge would alow this )

Blog Entries

We'll have proof-readers that can help fix or make corrections here and there. Authors and proof-readers will work together well enough I think.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12