Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Staff - new Delphi Game Developer Community Site

Blog Entries

The Staff - new Delphi Game Developer Community Site

cairnswm: Some really good ideas you have. It'd be cool to see an open Iso-game project/tutorial(perhaps also a tile-based platform type game like megaman/duke nukem too?). If you already have a tut going this'd be a great oppertunity to finish it!

I was also recently having an idea for a tutorial series that would detail "top to bottom" how to make a "Scorched Earth Clone"(Worms, etc). It'd start with basic game outline(game states, game objects) move on to game physics(your basic shot) and then getting fancy(gravity, wind, etc) then controlling dirt, then other things like playing wth borders and making special weapons, etc and so on... I mean just break it all up and make a really detailed tutorial. It'd be great for beginners and people that loved the original(like me). I could release one part a month(2-3 weeks instead?), maybe if I had a co-author(I write code/tutorial and he writed the other, sometimes switch) we could be more frequent.

:?: Tutorial People: Hmm... DelphiX seems like a logical default for writting these tutorials. Since there are so many others that do so many things and it is so well known already it seems like the choice for beginners in a way. You guys agree?

Avatar: Good ideas. I'm sure one of us will be able to give you a hand with the finer points of english. You'll probably be able to improve your english vocabulary too.

EDIT: Notice how I corrected myself. :roll:

Maja: Sounds like something we shall be needing very much. Perhaps you BlueCat and Traveler can team up in designing the new site? This will be a big deal for some short time until we get everything design-wise sorted out.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Tutorial People: Hmm... DelphiX seems like a logical default for writting these tutorials. Since there are so many others that do so many things and it is so well known already it seems like the choice for beginners in a way. You guys agree?
    Yes, because of no initialisation, finalization and no real framework, DelphiX is far more simple for a beginner ... However it's very bugged (collision, animation etc.) and should not be used too long especially for great projects(like 3D projects)

But it is a very good point to learn the basis and the foundations of video games

Avatar: Good ideas. I'm sure one of us will be able to give you a hand with the finer points english. You'll probably be able to improve your english vocabulary too.
    Thanks That could be all benefits for me lol.

I long for beginning to work lol.

How you want to help(What jobs you want, list 'em)
    Hum, I'll do whatever I can to assist ;-) I'm a game newbie though..

So, tasks that are suited for me would be..
    -> Janitor (cleaning up dead links, watering the plants.. etc)
    -> Moderator (take those young ones with a foul language and set them straight)

And I can be a pretty mean BOfH on IRC, most experience there ;-)

icon_arrow.gif How much time you can spend on it. (Part-time/Full-time)
    It's like "You've a life or not?" ;-) Full-Time is overdoing it abit since I have a job, but I am around frequently.
    _____
    Eriken

Blog Entries

LOL Looks like we could use you in our IRC meeting Eriken.

Actaully you're contributions as the site grows will be much more significant as the site grows. And of course you can continue to moderate even in the new/transfered forums when the new site goes up.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

It's true, what Eriken doesn't know about being a pretty mean BOfH on IRC isn't worth knowing.

Get your joke book ready for the weekend Eriken :twisted:

I'm willing to write a few tutorials/articles and to be a moderator. I can only work part-time on it, though, coz of my 9-5 job.
    "All paid jobs absorb and degrade the mind."
    <br />-- Aristotle

So apart from myself we have:

WILL
    Traveler
    Shadowcore
    cairnswm
    Maja
    Alimonster
    and even Eriken

That's a pretty good team to start with

Anyone else want to join before we get started?

iLLUNis

yep...count me in....i could give a hand with the design and the graoics should you need to..

Quote Originally Posted by iLLUNis
    yep...count me in....i could give a hand with the design and the graoics should you need to..
    Cool, thanks iLLUNis!

For anyone who doesn't know, iLLUNis made the DGDev logo )

This was the best one he came up with:

iLLUNis

LOL..now that is what i call negative publicity......you forgot that i had a few pints before doing that.. :shock: ...never trust a drunk designer.... :?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast