Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Meeting?

Meeting?

Would anyone be interested in meeting on IRC soon to have a chat and talk about our plans? Give us a chance to get to know each other and make some decisions.

Maybe next weekend (8th,9th,10th) would be a good time to do it, when most of us are available and to allow for time zone differences.

Meeting?

Hmmm I'll surely be at home that week end

So which server and which chan ?

Meeting?

Good idea, I'm EST standard time, let me know when/where and if I can't make it, i'll send my talking bot to speak for me and record it all..

Borland baby!

Meeting?

#DGDev on the gamesnet IRC network

IRC Server: west.gamesnet.net OR east.gamesnet.net
    Port 6667

As a provisional date and time, how about Saturday 9th at 19:00GMT?

Can someone work out EST, PST, BST, whatever, I always get them wrong

Meeting?

Here is probably something that might help you with your TimeZone-problem BlueCat: http://www.timezoneconverter.com/cgi-bin/tzref.tzc

EST = GMT - 5 hours..
    France is GMT + 1 hour..

Why is there so many timezones in UK ? :twisted: UTC, GMT, BST and so on? Weird bunch they are.. :twisted: Urgent Kingdom..

Oh I might join in as well :-)
    _____
    Eriken

Meeting?

I would really like to be at the meeting but Saturday is not possible for me (Thursday is my 10th wedding aniversary and Saturday is celebration as we are off loading the kids on Mom-in-law).

How about Friday 19:00 GMT - or Sunday 19:00 GMT.
    William Cairns
    My Games: http://www.cairnsgames.co.za (Currently very inactive)
    MyOnline Games: http://TheGameDeveloper.co.za (Currently very inactive)

Meeting?

I like the idea of a meeting, but I too prefer a Friday or Sunday

Meeting?

Quote Originally Posted by cairnswm
    I would really like to be at the meeting but Saturday is not possible for me (Thursday is my 10th wedding aniversary and Saturday is celebration as we are off loading the kids on Mom-in-law).

How about Friday 19:00 GMT - or Sunday 19:00 GMT.
    Congratulations! :king: :queen: :toocool:

Mom-in-law's do have their uses sometimes, don't they?

Let's say Sunday then, more people likely to show up. I'll be using Eriken's time zone converter link, it seems to be GMT+1 for me!

Blog Entries

Meeting?

I think that the Brits have so many timezones because they are farther North than most of us Canuks are. It's true! Though we have the second biggest country in the world, most of our major cities are crammed down in the lower southern half of the country. :/ Just some useless information for ya...

Ok... meeting... for me it'll be 14:00hrs.(EST) and Sunday seems fine.

Issues that I suggest we should discuss at the meeting(so we can have sort of an outline and know what we'll need to talk about) are:

:arrow: Merger, merger, merger. It is a "go" from Dean(Technomage) and Dominique(Savage), I will email them about the meeting to make sure that they can be a part of it too. So this means that we will have a news staff for the new site, unless someone strongly objects to this. We can discuss how we are going to handle the news(we have experianced people to draw from in this) and what guide-lines we will follow in gathering the news. And all other news related issues too.

:arrow: Name it. We can take the existing names that have and come up with what we like and... vote I guess. We can always keep the original too...

:arrow: Other sections of the site. What are the actually parts of the site that we want, other than news, tutorials and forums? There are some really neat ideas in the other thread perhaps if someone lists them and we all vote on them? Then from that we see if anyone can or wants to do those ideas. We could handle it that way.

:arrow: Job assigning. We from our list of things that the site will have make job possitions then fill em in with people andwhat they think they can handle. This shouldn't bee too hard.

:arrow: Tutorials, articals and other special literary things. Who wants to write what? And, what are they going to write. Obviously its up to them, but does it really makes sense to have 2 authors writting about say... "How to write a(n) X type of game from scratch step by step" and feature it at the same time? And why write the same tutorial twice? Just a little discussion to keep authors from bumping heads at the start.

:arrow: Site construction. Whos doing it and how we would like it to be. News on the front page stuff like that.

Hmm... thats all the points I have for the meeting. Perhaps someone can suggest some more?

:idea: I think it would be great if someone could make a list of the things that we will talk about and we do them in an order so that we can come out of it knowing that "yeah we are ready to start this". It might also help for a mediator to be set to be there so that he can sort of keep us on track. Any takers?
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Meeting?

so what times that in uk

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast