Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Character Creator - Alpha (Source included)

Quote Originally Posted by ?ëu?±o Mart??nez View Post
    Are the templates "fixed" or can add new ones? I'm thinking in some character templates I've seen in opengameart.org.
    You can add your own, just simple dump the 32 bit PNG file into the proper partsbin folder (or create new ones, add ones to existing etc) and it will be picked up the next time the app is run. All the exiting parts are for 105x210 images, but it should support just about anything.

Is transparece set by alpha channel only or can define a "transparent colour" (i.e. pink)?
    Right now it only uses PNG's with Alpha channel (32 bit PNG). I've been thinking through ways to allow color key's and group parts by character size, though this will have to wait till I get other features done as its low on my totem poll.

Does it support 8bpp sprites?
    See above response on import, but for export, you can save to any image format that FPC/Lazarus supports. Basically it just does a draw to the surface and then saves it with the default image streamer for the extension.

- Jeremy

PS: Thanks for the link to OpenGameArt.org hadn't seen that one before

Thanks for the info. BTW I can use GIMP or TuxPaint to complete the spritework.

I've tested it and I think I'll use it soon and often. But I've found two problems.

First, my Lazarus can't read property tvPartsBin.Options. May be you're using a different Lazarus, are you? Mine is 0.9.28.2-ubuntu beta.

The other is that it shows graphics "face-down" running it in Wine. See the attached file. I've read something abaut this in the Lazarus' forums and FPC's mailing lists but can't remember what was the conclusion.

Anyway, everything else do work.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    No signature provided yet.

I'm running Lazarus 9.29.?? (rev 26163) with FPC 2.4.1, so yeah, there are new features that don't exist in the 9.28 builds.

Can't see your screen shot to see what your talking about with the "face down" part. If I get a chance I'll see if I can spin up a Linux install and try running the app in there. Since your using Ubuntu you can use APT package installs, maybe I should put one of those together for this project

- Jeremy

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by jdarling View Post
    Can't see your screen shot to see what your talking about with the "face down" part. If I get a chance I'll see if I can spin up a Linux install and try running the app in there.
    I've found the thread at Lazarus forums about this "bug": Transparent PNG showed inverted in Wine ( TImage problem ).
    When a PNG picture with transparent color is loaded in a TImage,
    the image is showed correctly in Windows XP, but is showed vertically
    mirrored in Wine.
    As I've read it's not only a Lazarus problem but WineHQ has a possible bug.

Quote Originally Posted by jdarling View Post
    Since your using Ubuntu you can use APT package installs, maybe I should put one of those together for this project
    Good luck: I've read how to build .deb packages and it's quite hard. Be careful with dependencies.

I'm sure some people will appreciate a .rpm package too.
    No signature provided yet.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12