Thread: Resize sdl surface

Blog Entries

Resize sdl surface

I've looked around and I cant seem to find anything that can resize an image in sdl with a new aspect ratio. Does anyone out there know of such a procedure/function? Thanks, it would be a great help for me in the prometheus project (units for simplifying game design for newbies)...

cheers,
    code_glitch
    I once tried to change the world. But they wouldn't give me the source code. Damned evil cunning.

you might try

sdl_gfx

zoomSurface()

Zoomes a 32bit or 8bit 'src' surface to newly created 'dst' surface.
    'zoomx' and 'zoomy' are scaling factors for width and height. If 'smooth' is 1
    then the destination 32bit surface is anti-aliased. If the surface is not 8bit
    or 32bit RGBA/ABGR it will be converted into a 32bit RGBA format on the fly.

Blog Entries
    cheers. I always thought it was just to scale it. Just looked into the docs, seems I was wrong. Sorry for asking such an elementary question...
    I once tried to change the world. But they wouldn't give me the source code. Damned evil cunning.

Blog Entries
    Problem with this is that any scaling, rotation or fading effects you throw into the library/engine will slow down performance significantly, unless you throw in some OpenGL, but then you're probably tossing away the simplicity factor. Sore truth is that these 3 effects are the product of 3D hardware acceleration for 2D games.

There is, I believe, a 2 times zoom function in the JEDI-SDL units. Written for fast drawing double the size of any image you need.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder