Thread: Multithreaded resource loading

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries
    Well I gat back from work and gave it a run. For the most part it runs just fine, graphics display and the sound clip plays too without any popup errors. However the one bug I found was that most of the faces were showing a block of glitchy and random static instead of their respective sprite. Here is a couple of screenies to show basically what it was doing.

demo08_screen01.jpgdemo08_screen02.jpg

Go ahead and send me an update or tweaked version if you like. I can be your 'real test run' on the current iMacs if you like.

My system specs are:

CPU: Intel Core i7 (Quad Core)
    GPU: ATI Radeon HD 4850
    Screen Res: 2560 x 1440 (27" screen)
    RAM: 4GB DDR3
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

I've got the same problem WILL does when running the application on my MacBook Pro (Core 2 Duo 2.53 GHz, NVidia GeForce 9400 graphics card and 4 GB DDR3 RAM).
    Some sprites seem that they are not loaded correctly which seems to be always different sprites when re-running the application.
    Freeze Development | Elysion Game Framework | Twitter: @Stoney_FD
    Check out my new book: Irrlicht 1.7.1 Realtime 3D Engine Beginner's Guide (It's C++ flavored though)

Programmer: A device for converting coffein into software.

Blog Entries
    Just a heads up, I ran it again (twice; ran it, Command-Q, ran it) just now out of curiosity and now ALL the images (including the glowy ZenGL image) except for the speaker and the x button and the label for the text shows some form of glitchy garble.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Tanks for tests. Seems I found the bug When the second thread loading texture to videocard(glTexImage2D) in first I'm tried to do glBindTexture. Now I changed something in my library, and it should work correctly(anyway now it work's correctly in my VirtualBox ). I will update demo soon.

Blog Entries
    Well that one worked a whole lot better. The x button doesn't play the song clip anymore but I do hear a 'click' sound when I do click on the window.

All the images are fine now, but it does seem like you have any vsync turned on, which for OpenGL I don't think you can set in program anyhow. Am I right?

Nice job!
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Quote Originally Posted by WILL
    The x button doesn't play the song clip anymore but I do hear a 'click' sound when I do click on the window.
    Oh, I forgot to build my app statically with ogg libraries.

Quote Originally Posted by WILL
    which for OpenGL I don't think you can set in program anyhow
    I can, but in this demo I didn't turn on it
    Last edited by Andru; 05-10-2010 at 05:28 AM.