Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Prometheus - A first working demo

Blog Entries

Cool Prometheus - A first working demo

Just whipped this up with prometheus 0.1.x libs in around an hour to try it out for myself. Paul, i'm sorry about using your sprites from the probe (tm i think) but I just had a random idea and this option required the least amount of work. (30sec on pdn based on the banner)... It's named probewars after the graphics used.

I have uploaded as zipped attachments (its small). Of course, if you feel this is infringing your rights, do tell and I will remove the files and replace them...

The story line is you press space to fire, and you have to remove all anti-matter evil probes (white).
    Arrow keys to move. The source is very sloppy, but I just wanted to do a quick demo that I may refine and release with the 1.0.0 prometheus lib later this week.

cheers,
    code_glitch.

Ps. in the source folder there is the source for probewars and both core and vid units of prometheus. feel free to edit whatever little there is there.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    I once tried to change the world. But they wouldn't give me the source code. Damned evil cunning.

It works(on Phenom X4 960@4Ghz, Radeon HD 5850), but this is not so unexpected with using SDL

Hi code_glitch,
    I don't mind you using the graphics as you are only using one sprite from the game...just don't use any more so it looks more like The Probe

PS. it runs on my Vista Home Premium system (32-bit):

AMD Sempron(tm) SI-42 2.10 GHz
    2GB Ram

cheers,
    Paul

Works on a Windows XP Pro SP3, Pentium Dual Core E2200, Intel 82945G (i945G).
    Existence is pain

I got it working on my MacBook Pro (Core 2 Duo 2.53 GHz, NVidia GeForce 9400) on Mac OS X with a small change: I needed to change the directory separator when loading images from \ to / .
    Freeze Development | Elysion Game Framework | Twitter: @Stoney_FD
    Check out my new book: Irrlicht 1.7.1 Realtime 3D Engine Beginner's Guide (It's C++ flavored though)

Programmer: A device for converting coffein into software.

Blog Entries
    cheers to everyone for trying this out. As for mac/linux (yes i know osme use *nix and whatever, please don't chew me out) users, I forgot to mention that the \ in the paths is only for windows. You will need to change them to a /
    Also, I apologise for the rubbish graphics, it was a 10minute botch job on paint.net...
    Furthermore, since you have the library and source, feel free to edit code and resources. Its only a trial, I will make a different final so if there is code there you want for your own work, feel free to call it your own as its simple (as long as you don't take it all and call it your own.) As for the resources, ask paul nicholls since he has the rights to them as part of the probe.

cheers,
    code_glitch

ps. working on ttf at the moment. Will post as update to this with score a little later with upgraded graphics also. Maybe we have a game in the making here?? ^^ ProbeWars... Blow up the people with inverted colour values that move around in the most random manner I could think of on 10sec notice. (see the code, its VERY rudimentary, but hey, it worked first time with no bugs...)

sorry bout the long post.

EDIT:
    WOW! Just noticed, that the actual PWars game is under 250 lines (just 245) with breaks and all. Which compared to my previous programs (even of this little complexity) is excellent... Don't know about you guys but I might just make a third PRO version of Prometheus for those of us who are just too lazy to faff about with sdl and opengl... Or want measly programs.
    Last edited by code_glitch; 04-10-2010 at 09:29 PM.
    I once tried to change the world. But they wouldn't give me the source code. Damned evil cunning.

ProbeWars... Blow up the people with inverted colour values that move around in the most random manner I could think of on 10sec notice
    LOL! very funny description

It's funny, but I only just noticed your signature - that was funny too

cheers,
    Paul

Blog Entries
    Lol. cheers. The signature, that was slightly intentional. The above line was dead serious though, I have a deficiency: it called un-imaginativeness and its a real problem for me. Thus I use things that exit to help me make things that don't...

I really should go to sleep now, because I doubt this is making much sense any more. And I have to get up at 5AM tomorrow to finish a project and revise for a GCSE controlled assessment... If I had the source to the world, I think I might change that procedure a bit.

Anyway
    cheers,
    code_glitch.

No worries

Go get some sleep

cheers,
    Paul

Blog Entries
    So does Prometheus support Mac too?
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast