Thread: Prometheus News

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries
    Well folks its sure been a long time - no this isnt dead, I'm still toying with the long term workings of prometheus and I think I've just about cracked how I want it to look and feel. I've already posted some much needed bug fixes to the SVN over on sourceforge as well as cleaned up the downloads and added a snapshot from today... Which I'm ashamed to admit is already obsolete courtesy of me finding some badly written code in the PM_x11Window unit for X11 windows producing the wrong behvaiour as a result of premature optimization. I know. tsk tsk tsk, though on a more exciting note heres some new stuff thats coming as soon as I get all pretty looking and some stuff I've just added...

-Rewrite of XML based TMX map files from TileD to support properties on layer, map and tileset levels [Done, SVN & Snapshots] (followup commit coming soon since there seems to be a glaring ommission in loading said properties int eh current version...)
    -Added support for editing and saving loaded config files from PM_Config [Done, SVN and Snapshots]
    -Added support for loading BMP files [Done, SVN & Snapshots] - THOUGH I dont remember writing this and its there so... Could be BIG BUG
    -Loading an image from an OpenGL surface in memory [Done, SVN & Snapshots]
    -Modular architecture ala ZenGL (sort of but not really) in the form PM_Window, PM_Image, PM_Colour.... [Done, SVN & Snapshots]
    -Support for loading the zfi files for using ZenGL fonts [85% done, adding in a week or so]
    -FBO based render to image [75% done, adding in a week or so]
    -Scrapping the placeholder PM_Debug unit for better error handling and a propper one to trace bugs accross pointers and threads [50% done, adding in a couple of weeks]
    -Support for rectangle and simple geometric 2D collision detection [25% done, adding in a week or two]
    -3D contexts and support for the 3rd dimension [Just started work... Might be a short while ]
    -OpenGL lighting sources [Just started work... Might be a short while ]
    -Long awaited PM_Audio unit for WAV and OGG, now on the 9th or so rewrite with 3d support [Somewhere 150 lines in, should be around the time the 3d unit rolls out]
    -Android test on ARM [This is ongoing for all the above with sdl 'window' and event handling... OpenGL ES tends to cause some havoc a bit everywhere so...]
    -Wii test with PowerPC [Same deal as with android though the OpenGl goodness is easier to come by so maybe before Android]

So thats where it stands for now, more news coming soon and hopefully a few more boxes ticked before college starts in a week and a bit so stay tuned
    Last edited by code_glitch; 03-09-2012 at 02:24 PM.
    I once tried to change the world. But they wouldn't give me the source code. Damned evil cunning.