Still not many prometheus users, but I use it so I might as well publish my code... Just thought I'd let the community know of some upcoming features in prometheus:

-Layer & Tile properties in Map variables
-Implementation of all variables in Map variables for full support
-A new XFont which pre-renders characters from a TTF file for that extra speed boost! YAAA! Good thing here is we can do it all on the fly so we don't need a conversion utility outside your program, although I can make one if required
-In order to get s very small speed boost, a cache system is being added to Maps so that if your data reads 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 Prometheus only searches tilesets once rather thatn 7 times, although it purely depends on the map... Although the next step is to render the same tile everywhere: Ie. All tile code 5 rendered then 6 then 7 rather than sequentially by position. This, of course, will have switchable modes.
-Sdl code is being phased out some more, and hopefully will now be removed from resource loading in favour for code based on andrus amazing zengl, window code to follow.
-Extensions to the window creation system will let you have full screen, resizeable, named, iconed and themed windows with/without borders and etc...
-And last but not least I may release a snapshot of the new OpenAL Prometheus_Audio depending on whether the bugs get fixed.

So all in all, a dabble more than your regular update, and in my mind a well earned refresh for Prometheus. All this in the next few days to 2 weeks at the latest. Hoorah!