However, the problem I encountered me myself. Have to admit, those 0.5 was really annoying, but then everything went more or less smooth..until..until I decided to rotate more than one bitmap. It ended up by decrese in FPS. From constant 75 til 52 with two bitmaps and 38 with 3-5 and even less by greater count. That I could not tolarate, so I decided to rotate just bitmap and then use it as sprite animation. For this purpose I modified a little this program adding the option to create/save to file sprite of multiple rotations. At the moment it seems working, though, I am not quiet satisfied because the increase in speed (its allways 75 by any number of sprites on screen) is compensated by the slowdown (fantastic slowdown, acctually, if I want to use 255 frame rotation per 2*PI angle) in startup. Are there any other ways to speed up the applications but with reasonable startup time? Or is it just - no pain no gain?

And, BTW, where can I find some more explicable help files rather than those default that come with DelphiX package?