Quote Originally Posted by phibermon View Post
And if you are familiar with databases you are going to find that of great use in writing games, there are all kinds of ways of looking at a game world that are very much like a database. Think of an RPG, all the players are records in the database, the different areas they can travel to could be thought of as tables, as well as the players inventory etc

Looking forward to discussions in the near future
Well I didn't say I'm familiar with them I just made a program which could handle records in binary files. There were options like reading one by its number, adding a new one, modifying one, listing all of them, writing the stored data in a textfile, and searching for particular records by tags(this was a hell...) and clearing the database( I didn't make a single delete because till then I would have made it I was fed up with the program because the modify and search methods caused me a lot of headache. I messed something up with the handling of stringarrays and it gave windings-like characters as results which made it impossible to search for them or to read the new values in the modify method. I don't know what it was or how it became resolved it's just fixed now)