Ok, I've installed the 0.9.29.x version (from snapshot) of Lazarus and FPC 2.4.0 and it's source, but I still have remains of the Lazarus configuration files which I need to replace with settings that will work. Why these settings are not updated on installation of a new version is beyond me. Makes for an 'extremely poor' installation practice if you ask me.

So now I have to find and delete these files, where are they located? I'm still rather new to Mac/Linux so my knowledge is a bit unripened still. OR... can someone give me steps towards changing my configuration to FIND the right file for the 2.4.0 FPC compiler for my new installation of Laz.

As a side note: I really, really HATE the way that Laz installs on Mac OS X. I would think that with enough people using it that it would be a bit more streamlined of a process. Macs are made to be simple, unlike Linux, however the Mac installers are just as bad as the Linux ones. There is no option to uninstall and the documentation doesn't even properly keep track of all the files that are thrown about my system unkempt. I think the Laz team seriously needs to get their Mac port's house in order here as it's hurting potential users of Lazarus on Mac. Which is such a shame as both the FPC and Laz people have put a lot of time and effort into Mac support.