I'm not a huge fan of package managers to be honest. They are messy and too Linux-like. Yeah I know Mac OS X is a Linux-a-like, but it's only built on top of a Linux-a-like core made to be simple, yet powerful and easy to use. Linux is not. Save partially for Ubuntu, nice distro...

That aside; The folks at Blaise Pascal Magazine are developing a Lazarus on a stick for Mac OS X and Linux, which I'm eagerly interested in. That could be a later solution, however that doesn't excuse the Laz Team from making their distribution for Mac better.

That said, I have an OLD copy of the Lazarus configuration file(s) and I need to nuke it all completely in order to get Laz working properly on my Mac. Does anyone know how to A) get rid of Lazarus, FPC and it's source completely (ALL FILES) or B) nuke the configuration files of Lazarus and/or replace them with the newer ones for the latest LAz and the FPC version it supports?

If it's as simple as, what version of FPC are you using, then go to these fields in the Laz menus and put in these file paths, awesome, give me a list, but I'm finding that the old documentation is garbage and doesn't apply to any of what the current versions are like now at all. So I need someone who knows what they are doing to walk me through this as existing docs are worthless.