Thread: Please make the PM boxes a bit bigger.

Please make the PM boxes a bit bigger.

Hi dear admins,

Someone just tried to send me a PM. However, I couldn't recieve it because my inbox was full. It seems like the new forum software can only hold 50 PM messages per user. In my case, over 100 of them were imported from our previous forum, so I had to do a big cleanup there.

Would it be possible to make the PM space a bit bigger?

Thanks
    Coders rule nr 1: Face ur bugz.. dont cage them with code, kill'em with ur cursor.

Blog Entries
    Hi chronozphere, I've had the same problem myself. You should have seen the amount of messages I actually had myself. And yes, I was also over the limit for my messages too.

I'll see what I can do to make a reasonable size for the amount of PM messages. Is anyone else experiencing such issues?
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Blog Entries
    Ok, I've increased the PM Maximum Stored messages amount to 200. I assume that this will suffice for everyone. Though I am curious as to how much people are actually using. So if you all can, please shoot me some numbers fellas.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Well, I had 60+ in my PM boxes and couldn't receive any last week so I had to clean them up.

BTW, I couldn't see how to delete ANY selected messages, only emptying a whole folder

cheers,
    Paul

Yes, I had to look for that option myself, but I found it.

Select a few messages by using the checkboxes. Then scroll down until you find a button saying something like "Selected messages(5)". Press that and you'll have a menu with actions, one of those will be "delete".
    Coders rule nr 1: Face ur bugz.. dont cage them with code, kill'em with ur cursor.

I had this problem some time ago. I don't remember the amount but I had to remove a lot of messages before being able to send again.

@Paul, Tick the selectbox behind a message and then select the 'selected messages' button and then select delete, to remove specific messages.

@chronozphere & Traveler: thanks guys, now I know for next time

cheers,
    Paul

Blog Entries
    You can also export all or some of your messages, using the same option menu, in case some of them were important to you and you wanted to save the on your harddrive for future reference. I have bunch of backups myself of old files. My saved messages however were in the 1000s.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder