Thread: Has anyone given the Lazarus support a try?

Blog Entries

Question Has anyone given the Lazarus support a try?

Well since the 1.1 release a couple of months ago it seems that GLScene now supports Lazarus 100%. Has anyone given it a whirl yet? Is anyone interested?

http://glscene.sourceforge.net/
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Well, about one or two years ago I tried Lazarus/GLScene and even then it worked very well already. Now that they seem to support it 100% officially, it should be a very interesting combination. I'm interested .

Blog Entries
    Sorry, but what exactly is the point of GLScene? All I can see it as is to speed up graphical application development, but isnt that what lazarus was for?

Just wondering. Finally got my compiler and IDE working and started taking a look over Prometheus and commiting some revisions again. No windows here though. Dont know if thats a good or bad thing.

Oh, and would any lazarus users consider ditching it to return to plain old fpc only? Just wondering how different/radical it is.

cheers, and sorry for the slightly off-topicness but I might consider leaping into lazarus and giving it a whirl. It could add to the list of new things on my setup.
    code_glitch.
    I once tried to change the world. But they wouldn't give me the source code. Damned evil cunning.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by code_glitch View Post
    Sorry, but what exactly is the point of GLScene?
    GLScene is a framework, just like Asphyre, DelphiX and Andorria. Except it focuses on OpenGL based 3D graphics.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Doesn't want to compile under Ubuntu.