I've been thinking a lot about what kinds of tutorials are out there for beginners to come and learn to make games with Object Pascal, let alone just plain Pascal it's self. There are some good tutorials out there and there are some very good books too, but I think there is a bit of a lack in good beginner tutorials that will help bridge the gap in an easy way from starting with nothing and moving on to what we more experienced programmers here have learned how to do now.

Just a simple plain language tutorial on how to do something as simple as define then declare a simple object class with procedures and functions would help a lot of new programmers to understand the beginnings of OOP better.

Simple tutorials like how to setup FPC or Lazarus for X, Y and Z operating systems are near non-existant too. This is something that both FPC and Laz teams have neglected in focusing on further development of these tools. It wouldn't hurt to take a look at how we do it and tell others. ie. Laz on Mac OS X...

I'm going to start thinking about a few small beginner tutorials to write for the Articles section of the site myself. Is anyone else interested in helping to write some beginner tutorials for PGD?