Thread: Getting SDL working on Snow Leoptard

Getting SDL working on Snow Leoptard

I've read all the posts here, didn't feel like any of them should be bumped given they all appear to be about older versions and not returning the same error...

Mind you, I'm trying to use the SDL FPC comes with, which I had thought was the same thing. I feel like I'm so close to it working after the train wreck of just getting FPC installed. (2.5 gigs for a development library for the OS? Hang your head in shame -- just another reason I'm NOT Mac friendly I guess)

Right now, I've got the latest downloaded, compiled to give me the .a file, pointing FPC at it with -Fl, etc, etc... and it's giving me this error:

ld: library not found for -lSDL-1.2.0

Which I think means it's still trying to link to an older version or something.

Christmas on a cracker this is a convoluted mess --- it's bad when it makes doing this in linux look easy.
    The accessibility of a website from time to time must be refreshed with the blood of designers and owners. It is its natural manure

Re: Getting SDL working on Snow Leoptard

SDL on a mac is strange indeed

There's the mess between libraries and frameworks that need to be precisely set up

I guess you followed most of the examples from this page? http://wiki.freepascal.org/FPC_and_SDL#Examples
    Peregrinus, expectavi pedes meos in cymbalis
    Nullus norvegicorum sole urinat