Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3D Gamecask Engine

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Wow impressive work ! o.O

Keep up the good work for future release

Nice work there, mobilus. But if I can toss my ten cents here - GLScene's really nice for starters, but it still uses OpenGL 2.x which is obsolete these days. AFAIK they're doing ports for OGL 3.x, but I'm not sure at what stage it is right now. It's not that I'm trying to discourage you, though. Don't get me wrong - I like GLScene, but if you ask me, unless it fully supports the latest OpenGL version, it's not worth a try (or a "come-back" in my case).

There are many publishers who require older solutions, especially in the casual market. For this reason, I use Asphyre to produce 2D games (DirectX7) and GLScene for 3D games (OpenGL2).

I do not create an engine with a view to making a super high-tech FPS, which would compete with the giants from the market and I don't use OpenGL3.x yet.

Plans for the development of GLScene is such that there were two versions of GLScene - for older (OpenGL1/2) and newer (OpenGL3/4) video cards. I do not know whether the developers will be consistent in their assumptions, but don't worry about the ports for OpenGL 3.x:
    http://glscene.svn.sourceforge.net/v.../Experimental/

I am trying to build my engine with independent modules (physics, scripting, material shaders, post-processing shaders, gui, etc.) and I hope that I can use them together with "next-gen" APIs without major modifications in the future.

I like GLScene, but if you ask me, unless it fully supports the latest OpenGL version, it's not worth a try
    To create a game, OpenGL or DirectX itself is not enough. In the meantime (waiting for OpenGL3), you could write a lot of useful tools and a lot to learn.
    Last edited by mobilus; 11-11-2010 at 07:43 AM.

Screenshots after eleven months of hard work (still in progress):

screenshot1
    screenshot2
    screenshot3
    screenshot4
    screenshot5
    screenshot6
    screenshot7
    screenshot8

RENDERING FEATURES (forward rendering):

Post-processing effects:
    - Screen-Space Ambient Occlusion
    - Depth of Field with auto-focus
    - HDR with automatic Tone Mapping
    - Light Scattering
    - Vignette
    - Fullscreen Blur (GLScene)
    - Edge Blur

Optimization:
    - Standard Frustum Culling (GLScene)
    - Sphere Frustum Culling
    - LOD textures
    - DOV (dependent on the size of objects)

Mapping:
    - Normal Mapping
    - Bump Mapping
    - Parallax Mapping
    - Spherical Environment Mapping
    - Procedural Mapping (metal)
    - Shadow Mapping

Vertex operations:
    - precomputed Vertex Ambient Occlusion
    - precomputed Radiosity (in progress)
    Last edited by mobilus; 04-10-2011 at 02:24 AM.

Thumbs up

It's really impressive!

Great work, mobilus
    Get your fpc4gba copy now!
    Get your fpc4nds copy now!

Absolutely fantastic.
    When I first glanced at the first screenshot, I thought it was a photo.
    Freeze Development | Elysion Game Framework | Twitter: @Stoney_FD
    Check out my new book: Irrlicht 1.7.1 Realtime 3D Engine Beginner's Guide (It's C++ flavored though)

Programmer: A device for converting coffein into software.

Blog Entries
    Absolutely unbelievable - better than a ton of blender and DX11 jobs Oo

The first one does actually look like a real photo... Took me a few seconds to register it was rendered.
    I once tried to change the world. But they wouldn't give me the source code. Damned evil cunning.

3D Gamecask E

I just saw it on IGN, and I think it does. Between the physics and graphical tricks, its looking like the most versatile engine ever.

What they show in realtime is beyond what I wouldve though possible for years to come.

Agree?
    http://bukdub.ru

Hi, this is very impressive indeed. Could you tell me how do you implement the screen space ambient occlusion?

This is the algorithm that I used:
    1. Create an Framebuffer Object FBO (you can use TGLFBORenderer from GLScene)
    2. Attach the color buffer to a texture (TGLFBORenderer can do it for you; or look at the source files, if you don't want to use GLScene)
    3. Attach the depth buffer to a texture (TGLFBORenderer can do it for you)
    4. Create your rotateMap texture (4x4 pixels is enough). You can imagine this texture as a sprite which will be imposed on the screen - this is your ambient shadow. (it seems to me that Bokeh Depth of Field uses similar technique)
    5. Read about Ambient Occlusion, shader techinques and write your SSAO shader (depthMap+rotateMap); or find a solution on the internet.

screenshot9

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast