Thread: 3D Gamecask Engine

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

3D Gamecask Engine

A month ago I started working on a 3D game engine based on GLScene. The results came out very good, so I decided to put some screenshots. Still a lot of things I need to do, but the basics are already implemented.

Brief description of the engine:
    * API: OpenGL, GLSL
    * Editor: WYSIWYG
    * Objects: *.3ds, *.ase
    * Textures: *.jpg, *.dds
    * Physics (Newton Game Dynamics):
    - collisions
    - joints
    - behaviours
    - vehicles (in progress)
    * GLSL Shaders:
    - Post-Processing: SSAO, Bloom, Blur, Gamma
    - Shadows: Real-Time Soft Shadow Mapping
    - Materials: Parallax Occlusion Mapping, Bump Mapping, Multi-Light Bump Mapping, etc.

Screenshots:

Looks great! Keep up the good work.

Very impressive screenshots. Will this engine be available for free or commercially?
    Freeze Development | Elysion Game Framework | Twitter: @Stoney_FD
    Check out my new book: Irrlicht 1.7.1 Realtime 3D Engine Beginner's Guide (It's C++ flavored though)

Programmer: A device for converting coffein into software.

Blog Entries
    Looks great. Why not do a HD video and post it via youtube so we can see the physics portion in action?
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Blog Entries
    I think the four following letter sum it up best: WOOW. This is amazing stuff, but like Stoney asked; will this be avaible for free? And what are the chances of it working with a standalon FPC setup?
    I once tried to change the world. But they wouldn't give me the source code. Damned evil cunning.

Will this engine be available for free or commercially?
    I think it will be free someday, but not soon. First I must finish the engine and then write documentation for it - this is a very long road.

...and what are the chances of it working with a standalon FPC setup
    That is my goal to make the engine as a standalone application (Game Module + WYSIWYG Editor) and add some scripting language.

Why not do a HD video and post it via youtube so we can see the physics portion in action?
    When I do physics for vehicles and a few more models, I will try to do a HD video and post it via youtube.
    For now I have only one tree, terrain, human and house model - nothing special for good looking video