Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 3D Gamecask Engine

3D Gamecask Engine

A month ago I started working on a 3D game engine based on GLScene. The results came out very good, so I decided to put some screenshots. Still a lot of things I need to do, but the basics are already implemented.

Brief description of the engine:
    * API: OpenGL, GLSL
    * Editor: WYSIWYG
    * Objects: *.3ds, *.ase
    * Textures: *.jpg, *.dds
    * Physics (Newton Game Dynamics):
    - collisions
    - joints
    - behaviours
    - vehicles (in progress)
    * GLSL Shaders:
    - Post-Processing: SSAO, Bloom, Blur, Gamma
    - Shadows: Real-Time Soft Shadow Mapping
    - Materials: Parallax Occlusion Mapping, Bump Mapping, Multi-Light Bump Mapping, etc.

Screenshots:

Looks great! Keep up the good work.

Very impressive screenshots. Will this engine be available for free or commercially?
    Freeze Development | Elysion Game Framework | Twitter: @Stoney_FD
    Check out my new book: Irrlicht 1.7.1 Realtime 3D Engine Beginner's Guide (It's C++ flavored though)

Programmer: A device for converting coffein into software.

Blog Entries
    Looks great. Why not do a HD video and post it via youtube so we can see the physics portion in action?
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Blog Entries
    I think the four following letter sum it up best: WOOW. This is amazing stuff, but like Stoney asked; will this be avaible for free? And what are the chances of it working with a standalon FPC setup?
    I once tried to change the world. But they wouldn't give me the source code. Damned evil cunning.

Will this engine be available for free or commercially?
    I think it will be free someday, but not soon. First I must finish the engine and then write documentation for it - this is a very long road.

...and what are the chances of it working with a standalon FPC setup
    That is my goal to make the engine as a standalone application (Game Module + WYSIWYG Editor) and add some scripting language.

Why not do a HD video and post it via youtube so we can see the physics portion in action?
    When I do physics for vehicles and a few more models, I will try to do a HD video and post it via youtube.
    For now I have only one tree, terrain, human and house model - nothing special for good looking video

Nice tree model. How did you make it? Or is it procedural generated by your engine?
    http://3das.noeska.com - create adventure games without programming

I don't remember exactly where I found this model, but it was some kind of free sample from some Blender or LightWave plug-in. The model is rather simple and it was free, so I don't pay attention to the source of origin.
    In fact, the best part of this tree is the texture.

At the moment there are more important things to do than procedural objects. Oh, maybe procedural terrain would be useful, but I'll do it later. GLScene has it all, but it takes a some time to figure out how this things works.

Wow impressive work ! o.O

Keep up the good work for future release

Nice work there, mobilus. But if I can toss my ten cents here - GLScene's really nice for starters, but it still uses OpenGL 2.x which is obsolete these days. AFAIK they're doing ports for OGL 3.x, but I'm not sure at what stage it is right now. It's not that I'm trying to discourage you, though. Don't get me wrong - I like GLScene, but if you ask me, unless it fully supports the latest OpenGL version, it's not worth a try (or a "come-back" in my case).

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast