Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 3D Gamecask Engine

Thanks guys, I bought the cheapest HD series card (HD5450) for ~30 euros and fixed the bug.

Does that mean the first real usage of 'Oxygene for .NET' as a development tool for game development? That's pretty exciting actually. If you want help with such a task, you should contact RemObjects and tell them what you intend. I'm sure they will be more than helpful knowing what a milestone this would be for them.
    If we talking about XBOX, much still depends on my publisher.
    My current project is very large (first and third person steering, 11 types of vehicles, newton physics) and it would be better to use Oxygene for something smaller... in the beginning.

A small video about rendering process:
    http://youtu.be/lkdigqC4s7Q
    Last edited by WILL; 23-03-2012 at 08:17 PM. Reason: YouTube videos can be embeded right in your forum post so members don't have to go anywhere else to see it. :)

Blog Entries
    Very cool! This is some exciting stuff we're seeing here. Great visuals!

How long has this development been in the works?

Can you talk more about the specific details of the engine and what types of graphical effects, shading and other filters it'll support?

This video looks like a major step up from the original screenshots you posted at the start of the thread.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Thank you WILL for improving my last post.

I'm working on the engine since November 2010 (17 months?). 8 - 16 hours a day, everyday.
    The engine is written for simulator game - Construction Machines (bulldozer, excavator, concrete pump, crane etc), but expanded to include many other features, such as moving a character (First Person Steering and 3rd Person Steering = First Person Camera and 3rd Person Cameras (free around and follow camera)) and the ability to quickly build any vehicles with any mechanisms. A player can enter to any vehicle and control it.

I use Turbo Delphi and the base of the engine is GLScene from 2009/2010 (OpenGL 2.x), but I don't use visual components (how many people had problems with installing GLScene in Delphi? - in Turbo Delphi is not even possible) - everything is created dynamically and GLScene is treated as a framework (properties editors are created individually with a focus on the minimum). Just a few things have changed in GLScene, as the calculation of Bounding Box for Frustum Culling (with Shadow Maps).

THRONE ENGINE (In fact, it's not engine yet, but it's close)
    Throne consists of: WYSIWYP Editor/Engine and (Empty) Game Module.

FEATURES:

PHYSICS:
    - Newton Game Dynamics 2.x - thanks to Sasha Willems for wrappers. (I saw that NGD is already implemented in GLScene. When I started there was a few files with some code for NGD)
    - Compound Editor for Compound collisions - some objects, like excavator bucket, can't use a standard Convex Hull collision type.
    - Complex joints for Pipes - cables for mechanisms.

SHADERS (Forward Rendering)
    MATERIALS:
    The engine does not have a network shader editor, but a collection of ready to use GLSL shaders. In fact, only a few of them are really useful.
    - GLSLShadow - Shadow Mapping (color map + shadow map + fog + vertex color)
    - GLSLBump - Bump Mapping (color map + specular map + normal map + shadow map + fog + vertex color)
    - GLSLParallax - Parallax Mapping (color map + specular map + normal map + height map + shadow map + fog + vertex color)
    - GLSLSphere - Environment Mapping (color map + specular map + normal map + sphere/environment map + shadow map + fog + vertex color)
    - GLSLMetal - Procedural Mapping (sphere/environment map + shadow map + fog + vertex color)
    Additional shaders (do not pay attention to names):
    - GLSLSaturation
    - GLSLToon
    - GLSLAdaptativeAA
    - GLSLMetaballs
    - GLSLMask
    - GLSLLightmap
    - GLSLBumpMapSL_LM
    - GLSLNormalMapTS
    - GLSLFog
    - GLSLBumpMapML
    - GLSLBumpMapTS
    - GLSLSphereMap
    - GLSLSphereMapNS

POST-PROCESSING:
    PBO:
    - Underwater
    - Sharpen
    - Fullscreen Blur
    - Sobel Edge Blur
    - Telescopic Blur
    - Bloom
    - Film Grain
    - Saturation (+gamma)
    - FXAA 1.0 low profile
    - FXAA 3.1 high profile

FBO:
    - SSAO + Vignette
    - HDR + automatic Tone Mapping
    - Light Scattering
    - automatic Bokeh Depth of Field / or standard Depth of Field
    - Color Correction

COMPLEX OBJECTS/MECHANISMS:
    - Caterpillar
    - Gantry
    - Concrete Pump
    - Procedural Vegetation (can grow)
    - Details

GRAPHICAL USER INTERFACE:
    Three-dimensional gui responsive to the position of the mouse; Fonts can be (for now must be) generated in AsphyreFont Tool and converted to Throne; Support for UTF-8; Auto-translating from dictionary.
    COMPONENTS:
    - Panel
    - Button
    - Label
    - RollingText
    - Edit

VERTEX COLOR:
    - Vertex Ambient Occlusion Editor
    - Vertex Painter

OPTIMIZATION:
    - BBox Frustum Culling and Sphere Frustum Culling for/With Shadow Maps
    - LOD Textures (pre-resampling is created automatically)
    - LOD Meshes (not yet implemented, but it is possible; this is my priority for further days. I would also do it automatically)

SOUND:
    - Squall Library - I love this library, I never had any problems with it and works well in 3D space.

RESOURCES:
    - The whole game is packaged and sent to the game module by clicking one button PACKAGE ALL or can be packaged partially (for example, PACKAGE level1.map).
    (The engine has its own resource folders and the game has its own file folders - disused sources are not located in the game folder - this is verified automatically when the resources are packaged.)

MORE IMPORTANT TOOLS/EDITORS:
    - Material Editor
    - Import/Export vehicles and other parts of map (duplicated names are automatically changed)
    - Player Editor (walk speed, run speed, jump power, etc.)

SUMMARY:
    - So far, I take great pleasure from working in this engine - is simple and clean (Picture 1)

In a week or two I will put a video from the editor.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Verry cool video.
    Could you be so kind to add text or atleast anotations teling wich efects are used at wich stage of the video. I belive that this way it could become verry educational.

The video has a description on YouTube channel, but I can expand it a bit here:

1. Wireframe View
    2. Solid View
    3. Pre-Computed Ambient Vertex Occlusion + corrections (Vertex Painter)
    4. Texture Mapping
    5. Shadow Mapping (Real-Time Computed Soft Shadow Maps)
    6. Material Shaders (GLSLParallax for ground and house walls, GLSLEnvironment for container, GLSLShadow for procedural vegetation, GLSLBump for the rest)

POST-PROCESSING (all FBO effects are automatic/dynamic, for example: radius of the ambient occlusion depends on the distance between the camera and the observed object):
    7. Screen Space Ambient Occlusion (FBO) + Vignette (FBO)
    8. HDR (FBO) + Tone Mapping (FBO)
    9. Light Scattering (FBO) + Film Grain (PBO)
    10. Bokeh Depth of Field (FBO)
    11. Simple Motion Blur from GLScene
    12. Bloom (PBO) - unnecessary at this video (too many bloom)
    13. Color Correction (FBO) - saturation, gamma, RGB

Haven't seen description on youtube becouse of video embeding. But still I think adding anotation would be verry nice.

Whoah, that's amazing.

I just can say: AWESOME!
    Best regards,
    Cybermonkey

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast