Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: 3D Gamecask Engine

Not so long ago someone sad that Pascal need some uber engine. I think that your engine is just that.

Absolutely amazing work you have done on it. Keep up the good work and I'll definitly be a potentional user of it for my game development in the future.

WOW this is certainly some VERY impressive stuff! Together with Tower22 (http://www.tower22game.com) and GAEL (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLvHA...1&feature=plcp) some of the BEST pascal engine/graphics development ever! Going to keep an eye on this

@Will
    While Genesis Device was impressive in the day I would say that this is impressive * 1000

Awesome!
    If you develop an idiot proof system, the nature develops better idiots.

Art thou a spellcaster?

Absolutely astonishing piece of work.
    Last edited by Super Vegeta; 24-06-2012 at 10:12 PM.

Yeah that looks really good. I can't say if this is/will become an über engine but you have surely created an impressive engine so far.
    Imagine I've written something clever here inspiring you to make something awesome. If that happens give me credits

Blog Entries
    So when do we get to read or hear about this game engine in full. What it's uses are and what overall capabilities it will have and what platforms people can use it on. Is it just for GameCask's future titles OR will it be license-able to other game developers too?
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

I've made video about the engine, but it's not 100% engine yet - a script engine is not connected.
    I experimented with Lua and PascalScript, and PascalScript was my favorite. Unfortunately, it was impossible to use it with other platforms so I waited (for Lua4Delphi) and wondered (http://www.pascalgamedevelopment.com...ene-and-Pascal).
    "pstudio" opened my mind yesterday with news "RemObjects Script for .NET: Managed JavaScript and Pascal Script for .NET and Mono" so I can managed "Pascal Script" to other platforms and have one script for all renderers - this is only theory for now, but if it succeeds, it will be able to write THRONE renderers for the following platforms: PSVita, Xbox, iOS, MacOSX, Android.
    It sounds like a lot of hours of work, but I'm going to use ready-made frameworks: XNA, very similar PSVita SDK and MonoGame.

I don't know what I would do in the next few years, but my current plan looks like this:
    - write renderers
    - write sprite engine for all those renderers with this same names and properties,
    - write 2D physics engine for C# (or Oxygene) with this same names and properties,
    - write some help classes for sound engines with this same names and properties,
    - connect "PascalScript for .Net" to renderers,
    - connect "PascalScript" to THRONE (SynEdit, RTTI reader),
    - write scripts with THRONE,
    - make 2D games with THRONE (editor) and export them to other platforms.
    Do you see any troubles at this stage?

Is it just for GameCask's future titles OR will it be license-able to other game developers too?
    I'm not sure about the future, so I don't really know.

Hi mobilus,

Have you news about your fantastic engine?

Regards
    Sesilla

Yes, we want to know.

I'm working to create a game design studio and I want to use your engine, if possible.
    No signature provided yet.

Such projects clearly shows that if we (or some of us) were able to unite our forces we would create something really impressive and finished.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast