Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
What sprites did you use in Game Maker, and what about sorting sprites by layers(in Game Maker)? Also, give me a log file please, and info about your PC. And if you can - attach "benches" here(with sources and exe for Game Maker bench ), please.

Rendering in ZenGL is well optimized, be sure. Seems only Sprite Engine have some "problem" with stable sorting algorithm, or something happened in your benchmarks
Aha! Yes I guess I should have expected the image to be critical. I restructured my bench of GM and did another quick dummy test in c++. Basically, they are all even for me now. All get about 3k 128x128 sized miku's drawn on the screen when the fps begins to drop below 30. I guess you have nothing to worry about then! Just me being silly with inaccurate bench marks.

(So in my case, the limit is my GPU, likely. I have an i5 @ 2.3ghz, and an nvidia 310m) Time to play with ZGL some more now I guess. The particles demo has a warning not to use it in the source, but it seems to have run just fine for me! I can still post my mini-benches if you still want them heh.