View Poll Results: What bare essentials would you keep in a Light Edition of Delphi to make it Low Cost?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Compiler / Linker

44 97.78%
  • Code Editor (IDE)

41 91.11%
  • Visual Component Library (VCL)

28 62.22%
  • Object Model (non-VCL)

27 60.00%
  • Documentation

24 53.33%
  • Form Designer (RAD)

27 60.00%
  • Debugging Tools

41 91.11%
  • Database Components & Libraries

4 8.89%
  • Reports, Charts & Specialty Visual Components

2 4.44%
  • Web and Internet Communication Components

5 11.11%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Light Edition of Delphi at a Low Cost

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    It would be easiest for them just "remake" the old Turbo Series and release it as it was, maybe with newer compiler.
    They are owners of them, why they hide good "old" Turbo's like Turbo Delphi, Turbo C++ Builder etc?

Just take them from the shelf and release to community for low cost or free.
    You dont have to code anything.

Think about this Embarcadero. Otherwise Delphi will die, as many programmers talk about this.
    I love Delphi and would like to have newer version for very low cost or free than Delphi 7 Personal.

Personally i dont care about multiplatform, ok maybe developing for Android, but this will cost too much for me to buy.
    I we leave that (multiplatform) aside and only talk about games and usual apps then...

For me there are lots of things needed, IDE, debugger, VCL, form designer, debugger, docs are not so important because they are online, but D7 help files would be good.
    And possibility to use / install third party components. Not like in Turbo Delphi, you cant install them.
    Last edited by hwnd; 29-07-2013 at 09:47 AM.