I'm hoping to start a new trend here at PGD. Many people seem more comfortable posting their news in the News Forum instead of the front page for whatever reason. I'd like to have all the news posted to the front page from now on. The News forums could instead serve as a location for all the comments instead.

The old News systems at PGD have always made use of the News forum up until now so this makes the current forum redundant. It also makes more sense for the first thing that everyone sees new and returning to the site is all the news announcements.

So I'm going to lock the News forum from people creating new threads and ask that everyone instead would go to the 'Home' section of the site and create 'News' articles instead when they want to make a news announcement.

This is not hard to do and you would write it much the same way that you do any forum post, except that you can add images and videos from sites like YouTube. The trade-off to this is that you can't publish your news right away, instead a Staff member must publish it for you. This will allow us to review and make any minor formatting corrections needed, add media and so forth.

So please continue to make news announcements, but on the front page instead.

NOTE: Make sure that when you are creating a new News "article" you are in the News section of the front page. If you are in the Articles section, it'll create an "article" instead.

Thanks.