Thread: News

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Well, the about page doesn't have to be a cheesy "We have made the perfect library" kind off page. You can just tell what kind of library it is, What it's goals are (Simplicity, Performance, 3D or 2D, Certain features or whatever), How long it has been around and what games are made with it (history). Also mention that it's opensource, because I missed that.

Good to know that it's opensource. I'll have a closer look at it soon.
    Coders rule nr 1: Face ur bugz.. dont cage them with code, kill'em with ur cursor.

Maybe later I will write something like "main goals", but "true" developers looking for real functionality, not for phrases "simplicity, performance, etc."

Also mention that it's opensource, because I missed that.
    I have started this project on googlecode(svn and downloads are still there), and that's why I forgot to write about OpenSource on official web-page...

Small update to ZenGL 0.2 RC6
    - [Linux]wnd_SetCaption now is more safely
    - fixed problems with camera for different targets(TARGET_SCREEN and TARGET_TEXTURE)
    - fixed problems with ini_ReadKeyStr, key_GetText, filet_GetName, file_GetExtension and file_GetDirectory(for ZenGL compiled as library)
    - DIRECTORY_APPLICATION and DIRECTORY_HOME now returns PChar for Delphi 2010
    - argument Directory was deleted from file_Exists
    - text_Draw now won't crash if textures were not loaded
    - fixed file_Find
    - fixed crash when png cannot be loaded
    - fixed loading of png when compiling 64-bit binaries for Windows(PasZLib is in use for this, still looking for correct solution)
    - added new function file_Remove

Links was updated here. Website is down now, so only googlecode mirror is working. Also I'm preparing update for LightEngine 2D(I think it would be available in 2-3 hours). For this update Vad has implemented soft shadows and made some optimizations

update: Sad, but LightEngine 2D will be updated later because of some problems with stability of new code
    Last edited by Andru; 06-02-2011 at 09:31 PM.

Thats good news!
    I was wondering, though. The version number. How come it's 0.2? Does that mean a lot is still in the works? And in terms of a roadmap, what features can we expect to see in the coming updates?

Quote Originally Posted by Traveler
    How come it's 0.2? Does that mean a lot is still in the works?
    Not much, I want to release 0.2 with full documentation and additional tool So, Roadmap for now is something like this:
    - documentation
    - ZenParticles for editing emitter files for particle subsystem
    - correct solution for Windows x64 problem
    - getting resolution list for MacOS X(for now zgl_Get( RESOLUTION_LIST ) will return empty zglTResolutionList)
    - joystick support under MacOS X(but this feature maybe will be moved to 0.3.x branch)

Maybe something else will appear and I will work on it
    Last edited by Andru; 07-02-2011 at 12:01 AM.

ZenGL 0.2 RC6 Update 2
    - [Linux]fixed file_Find(it was fully rewritten)
    - [MacOS X]now list of screen resolutions can be gotten
    - stages of OpenGL initialization have been refactored and fixed problem under Linux

Links as always are here. I have already wrote some draft version of documentation(part of it), so maybe I will show it this weekend
    Last edited by Andru; 10-02-2011 at 10:48 PM.