Thread: News

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Oh, my fault, I forgot about ARM toolchain >_<

Quote Originally Posted by Kjow
    Is there any news about ARM support?
    I have just build FPC for compilation ARM binaries, and compilation of ZenGL 0.2 RC6 was succeeded, but without support of jpeg, png and ogg(I need to build object files for ARM first). And without MaemoSDK(I'm installing it now) I can't finish linking stage. All operations were made with FreePascal 2.4.2 under ArchLinux x86_64. So, there are no big problems to build ZenGL for ARM architecture.

Quote Originally Posted by Kjow
    Then, have you planned something about implementing OpenGL ES on ZenGL (like did the team of Asphyre Sphinx)?
    In March I will have a vacation for two weeks, so maybe I will try to do something. Or this would happen sooner, if I become bored by writing documentation and other stuff with high priority...

You are really great!
    Thank you very much

I will stay tuned here

I have installed MaemoSDK... and it is huge - 2GB! >_< Also seems my Radeon HD 5850 with Catalyst 11.1 supports OpenGL ES using standard libGL.so(I got eglGetProcAdress from it and using this function I got all other OpenGL ES stuff). So, I will think about how will be better to add OpenGL ES implementation to ZenGL and than I will try to do some initialization stuff Rendering and so on I will add to TODO-list for ZenGL 0.3.x branch.

The whole ZenGL engine looks really interesting and promising.

I've just looked at the website and I actually didn't see a comprehensive "about" page. There was only a tiny page that summarized the core features/components of ZenGL. Might be something to add, perhaps?

Also, will ZenGL be opensourced eventually? (I didn't download it yet, but I have the impression that it's closed). And to what extend is 3D supported? I only saw a lot of 2D components/helpers.

Looking good so far. I will keep a close eye on this.
    Coders rule nr 1: Face ur bugz.. dont cage them with code, kill'em with ur cursor.

Quote Originally Posted by chronozphere
    a comprehensive "about" page
    I think "tiny page" is good enough to understand what is ZenGL and what it can. I don't like "about page" with boring description like "ZenGL is the best library for creating your 2D applications ever. With it you can create your own games in such genres like... blablabla", or you meaning something else?

And to what extend is 3D supported?
    There is only Set3DMode function. I'm not interested in 3D for now. Some very old versions of ZenGL were with simple 3D(models, keyframe and skeleton animation, volume shadows, heightmap, octree, simple shader functions and so on), but all this stuff were dropped.

Also, will ZenGL be opensourced eventually?
    ZenGL is OpenSource project under LGPLv3 license.

Well, the about page doesn't have to be a cheesy "We have made the perfect library" kind off page. You can just tell what kind of library it is, What it's goals are (Simplicity, Performance, 3D or 2D, Certain features or whatever), How long it has been around and what games are made with it (history). Also mention that it's opensource, because I missed that.

Good to know that it's opensource. I'll have a closer look at it soon.
    Coders rule nr 1: Face ur bugz.. dont cage them with code, kill'em with ur cursor.

Maybe later I will write something like "main goals", but "true" developers looking for real functionality, not for phrases "simplicity, performance, etc."

Also mention that it's opensource, because I missed that.
    I have started this project on googlecode(svn and downloads are still there), and that's why I forgot to write about OpenSource on official web-page...