Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: News

ZenGL is amazing!

Do you have planned to make it arm compatible? I noticed that trying to compile for arm-linux (under Ubuntu) there is an asm part that stops the compilation; maybe translating these few asm lines in pascal would make it arm-compatible

(so it could be also used for maemo/meego)

Quote Originally Posted by Kjow
    ZenGL is amazing!
    Thanks

I noticed that trying to compile for arm-linux (under Ubuntu) there is an asm part that stops the compilation;
    The only function that use ASM-code is m_SinCos, but it must ignore ASM-code and use pure Pascal if CPU architecture is not x86 32-bit... But another problem in the latest version of ZenGL from svn is using object files from original libjpeg8b and zlib(for faster jpeg and png decoding).

(so it could be also used for maemo/meego)
    I think this OS's based on Linux will use OpenGL ES instead of OpenGL, so there is a lot of work must be done for ZenGL...

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    The only function that use ASM-code is m_SinCos, but it must ignore ASM-code and use pure Pascal if CPU architecture is not x86 32-bit... But another problem in the latest version of ZenGL from svn is using object files from original libjpeg8b and zlib(for faster jpeg and png decoding).

I think this OS's based on Linux will use OpenGL ES instead of OpenGL, so there is a lot of work must be done for ZenGL...
    If I remember well there is a wrapper from OpenGL to OpenGL ES for maemo, and from what I can remember it works. So developing in OpenGL and compiling for arm-linux should be enough... but I can't be sure

Hm, maybe later I will try to build toolchain for ARM under my ArchLinux and will try to compile ZenGL... but for now I'm too busy with ZenGL 0.2 RC6

ZenGL 0.2 RC6 released.

Changelog:
    - [Direct3D]fixed problem with render targets when using FreePascal 2.4.x
    - [Direct3D]fixed tex_SetMask, wich was broken in RC5
    - [Direct3D]fixed problems with camera and render targets
    - [OpenGL]fixed slow terminating in some cases
    - [Linux]DIRECTORY_HOME will return $HOME/.config/
    - [Windows]timers will stop when window is moving(with enabled APP_USE_AUTPAUSE)
    - [Windows]rendering will not stop when window is moving(with disabled APP_USE_AUTPAUSE)
    - [MacOS X]fixed problem with wnd_SetCaption when using dylib
    - [MacOS X]removed deprecated SetWTitle from wnd_SetCaption
    - [MacOS X]DIRECTORY_HOME will return /Users/$username/Library/Preferences
    - [MacOS X]all resources will checks first in App/Contents/Resources
    - [MacOS X]log-file now puts near bundle
    - optimized all functions which loads resources from memory
    - fixed potential memory leak in font_LoadFromFile and font_LoadFromMemory
    - fixed bug with scaling of text(the right bottom corner)
    - PasJPEG replaced by original libjpeg8b(speed up to 5x for FreePascal and USE_LIBJPEG, by default enabled for GNU/Linux and MacOS X)
    - PasZLib was replaced by original zlib 1.2.5(speed up to 1.5x)
    - optimizaed loading of ini-files
    - cam2d_Set now works like cam2d_Apply, but doesn't applied automatically when render target is set. cam2d_Apply was removed
    - now ini_LoadFromFile and file_Open returns a result
    - argument Directory was added to file_Exists for checking if directory exists
    - now rtarget_Add is more "safe"
    - behavior of rtarget_Set when use camera was changed, now camera works only for TARGET_SCREEN, for TARGET_TEXTURE it must be set manually
    - changed declaration of ini_ReadKeyStr, key_GetText, file_GetName, file_GetExtension and file_GetDirectory
    - file_Find now sorts the list
    - now mouse_X/mouse_Y returns coordinates using global mouse position for all OS's
    - added new functions: cam2d_Get and sengine2d_Get
    - added argument SeparateAlpha to fx_SetBlendMode
    - improved particles subsystem
    - added loading of emitters from files
    - added new constants for zgl_Get: ZGL_VERSION, ZGL_VERSION_STRING, ZGL_VERSION_DATE and MANAGER_EMITTER2D
    - added header file of Chipmunk

Links was updated here. Now available archives with binaries for different OS's. I hope next release will be stable 0.2 with frozen API I will try to realize joystick support under MacOS X, provide particle editor and maybe start to write documentation in English

Sad moment - 64-bit windows binaries now won't work, but 32-bit works fine as always
    Last edited by Andru; 22-01-2011 at 11:59 PM.

that's a great work as usual !
    Current (and lifetime) project: FAR Colony
    https://www.farcolony.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    Hm, maybe later I will try to build toolchain for ARM under my ArchLinux and will try to compile ZenGL... but for now I'm too busy with ZenGL 0.2 RC6
    Hi Andru!
    Is there any news about ARM support?

Then, have you planned something about implementing OpenGL ES on ZenGL (like did the team of Asphyre Sphinx)?

I need to start a 2D project and I would start it with ZenGL (I repeat, it is amazing ), so if it would be OpenGL ES compatible for when I'll finish the project (less or more) I'll can compile it for win, linux, maemo/meego and ios
    (OpenGL ES run on also on desktop ATI with latest drivers, I don't know about nvidia)

Let me know

Thank you very much!

Oh, my fault, I forgot about ARM toolchain >_<

Is there any news about ARM support?
    I have just build FPC for compilation ARM binaries, and compilation of ZenGL 0.2 RC6 was succeeded, but without support of jpeg, png and ogg(I need to build object files for ARM first). And without MaemoSDK(I'm installing it now) I can't finish linking stage. All operations were made with FreePascal 2.4.2 under ArchLinux x86_64. So, there are no big problems to build ZenGL for ARM architecture.

Then, have you planned something about implementing OpenGL ES on ZenGL (like did the team of Asphyre Sphinx)?
    In March I will have a vacation for two weeks, so maybe I will try to do something. Or this would happen sooner, if I become bored by writing documentation and other stuff with high priority...

You are really great!
    Thank you very much

I will stay tuned here

I have installed MaemoSDK... and it is huge - 2GB! >_< Also seems my Radeon HD 5850 with Catalyst 11.1 supports OpenGL ES using standard libGL.so(I got eglGetProcAdress from it and using this function I got all other OpenGL ES stuff). So, I will think about how will be better to add OpenGL ES implementation to ZenGL and than I will try to do some initialization stuff Rendering and so on I will add to TODO-list for ZenGL 0.3.x branch.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast