Thread: Music supplier site

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I'm having a bit of a play with my FL Studio PGD Annual prize to see if I can get some 'techno' going, but I still don't know how to use the program! LOL

cheers,
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by paul_nicholls View Post
    I'm having a bit of a play with my FL Studio PGD Annual prize to see if I can get some 'techno' going, but I still don't know how to use the program! LOL

cheers,
    Paul
    Yea, FL Studio is really hard to get a grasp of, but once you get acquainted with the interface, the only thing that matters is your feel of music.

Blog Entries
    Isn't FL Studio a sort of a cross between CubaSE, LMMS and that other MIDI control thing on linux (Jack or something like that)? Looks an interesting program. Might look into it some more but for now I have pretty much all the bases covered with the above and audacity... If only I had the extra cash. In my case its either google for 'GPL' or license free music files or make it myself XD. Good luck.
    I once tried to change the world. But they wouldn't give me the source code. Damned evil cunning.

Quote Originally Posted by code_glitch View Post
    Isn't FL Studio a sort of a cross between CubaSE, LMMS and that other MIDI control thing on linux (Jack or something like that)?.
    Yeah, something like that. Plus it was written in Delphi - that's an important remark.

If you're interested in creating music from samples, take a look at eJay or Magix. You can find a bunch of free samples all around the net.

Blog Entries
    Plus it was written in Delphi
    I must say I did miss that bit... Anyway, those suggestions are very good and I might just buy in once I get the money. Darn recession - Or perhaps my over-zealous buying of server parts, weather instruments, new mp3/4 player, keyboard, flash storage and etc what caused my brokeness?? I wonder 8-P
    I once tried to change the world. But they wouldn't give me the source code. Damned evil cunning.

If you wanna buy FL, you should at least take interest in the "FL Studio Fruity Edition", because the cheapest edition they offer lacks in "Piano Roll" and "Playlist" and believe me - these are a must. It's around 63 pounds - is that much for you? If I were to buy it, it's probably the cheapest music software with such possibilities ever to me.

I've got few mates who are beatmakers. They say that without a keyboard (I mean the instrument) it's harder to compose any music. So you might want to also buy one - I believe you don't need anything fancy; a basic one will do well. Also, they said it's nice to look for so-called "soundfonts" - these are banks of different instruments. For all I know, they are available for free. I've got 8gb of soundfonts.

Blog Entries
    I've got 8gb of soundfonts.
    Now I do know about them (lmms) and have to say that at most I have 180mb of them... 8gb though makes the 'srsly' statement come to mind. In my book though, anything above £50 is too expensive. For now its finale, cubase and lmms. Maybe for earlier next year FL will make its way onto my HDD. And earlier when I said keyboard, I meant instrumental. I have plenty of QWERTY's lying around (although they're PS2) and I have a shortage of native USB ones. But to some it up: Soundfonts do rule.

Speaking of eJay, I had a free version of an eJay music program a few years back on a computer magazine disc which was pretty good, but can I find it now?...nooooooo....

I don't suppose anyone here has a free version of eJay from a magazine disc or similar that they could share?

if so, can you PM me?

cheers,
    Paul

Blog Entries
    Hey paul, do you happen to know what version you had? Or what year or magazine the disc could have been from? It would be a little helpful when hunting for the right thing judging by how many versions are out there. Although since at some point you had the full software couldn't you erm... you know like... nevermind.

Quote Originally Posted by code_glitch View Post
    Hey paul, do you happen to know what version you had? Or what year or magazine the disc could have been from? It would be a little helpful when hunting for the right thing judging by how many versions are out there. Although since at some point you had the full software couldn't you erm... you know like... nevermind.
    To be honest I can't recall what version it was, or what year I had the disc

It MIGHT have been 5 years ago? I don't know...

cheers,
    Paul