Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dynamic 2D Shadows

Thats the definition of awesome!
    From brazil (:

Pascal pownz!

Very Awsome!

This may works with Direct3D and older video cards also? What is the requeriment?

Quote Originally Posted by wagenheimer
    This may works with Direct3D and older video cards also? What is the requeriment?
    For now there is only OpenGL render, but when I will get more free time, I will start work on Direct3D version But I don't know how it would work on old Intel's(or very low-end videocards), because every light source need it own render target, and this is little bit heavy.

Update: using internal ZenGL convertation from OpenGL to Direct3D(but it still little bit buggy with depth buffer...) I had have got only ~83 fps on Intel 965 Express in demo01(with 5 light sources), so I think this is definitely not for old Intel i865 and so on, where heavy fillrate will show slideshow
    Last edited by Andru; 17-02-2011 at 12:54 PM.

Great update!
    The scrolling screen and chipmunk physics code will come handy to me from those demos
    With Intel GMA HD
    GL_RENDERER: Mesa DRI Intel(R) Ironlake Mobile GEM 20100330 DEVELOPMENT x86/MMX/SSE2
    GL_VERSION: 2.1 Mesa 7.9-devel
    on Ubuntu 10.10 I get from 40 on a first demos and 60 on two last ones.

Quote Originally Posted by gintasdx
    With Intel GMA HD
    Wow, it works on Linux! But under Windows with Intel 965 Express I have no luck to work it with FBO render targets(only black screen)... seems something wrong with this technique in Intel OpenGL drivers under Windows(remembering the first version of LightEngine 2D, I found ridiculous bug with enabling/disabling GL_DEPTH_TEST).
    Last edited by Andru; 17-02-2011 at 08:12 PM.

In svn version of ZenGL I have improved zgl_direct3d_all.pas and now these shadows works correctly through Direct3D9 render So, in near future I will try to make LightEngine 2D with Direct3D9 rendering, which will work with ZenGL.dll, i.e. not only statically.

Very nice! For me the difference between soft and hard shadows was a mere 7 FPS. On demo 3, objects near the top seem to go invisible. Seems like it may be a result of you destroying physics objects but not shadows.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12