Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MP3 encoder/decoder?

code_glitch, are you talking about clib or libc? And in case of libc, are you talking about the legacy Kylix unit libc, or the c runtime library?

If it's because you need to link to libc, then you shouldn't look for a fpc unit. Then simply write {$l c} in your code, or add -k-lc to the compiler command line, or use dynamic linking
    Peregrinus, expectavi pedes meos in cymbalis
    Nullus norvegicorum sole urinat

Blog Entries
    I was referring to LibC. As it turns out they are two different things: and I got confused. I just posted all that to clear it up for any other clutsy people like me and cheers for those flags. Will definitely use them rather than my cumbersome procedure.
    I once tried to change the world. But they wouldn't give me the source code. Damned evil cunning.

Maybe it isn't such a good idea to use an encoder and decoder for this. MP3 is a lossy format, and encoding it again will have bad effects on quality. I only need a lib to read/write MP3's container format. I'll leave the individual frames intact, so no quality is lost.

I've been looking into the FFmpeg library. I think it has what I need, but there aren't any good tutorials on it.
    Coders rule nr 1: Face ur bugz.. dont cage them with code, kill'em with ur cursor.

Blog Entries
    Ah, good ol FFMpeg. I wondered if they had a lib with pascal headers?? I only knew it in the video/audio trans/en/de-coding.... Tell me if you find a good tut - dying to play with this in pascal
    I once tried to change the world. But they wouldn't give me the source code. Damned evil cunning.

I wrote a small program to parse mp3 files down to frame level. Cutting the file should be just a simple matter of omitting the undesired frames, but I haven't tried it. I hope it'll be helpful: http://imcold.evilhosting.org/files/mp3parse.pas.html

Last edited by chronozphere; 16-12-2010 at 08:02 PM.
    Coders rule nr 1: Face ur bugz.. dont cage them with code, kill'em with ur cursor.

I have no interest in writing MP3's, however i'd like to use them with OpenAL that i'm exploring. There was a sample application with mpg123 but i wasn't able to find pascal header to it in any of the links in below (mpg123.pas):
    http://www.noeska.com/doal/tutorials.aspx

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12