Thread: Anyone up for Ludum Dare 19?

Anyone up for Ludum Dare 19?

I already added Ludum Dare 19 to the calendar, but I don't know if anyone noticed, so I decided to start a new thread. Ludum Dare is this week-end, theme voting has started and I'm this time. Anyone else? It would be nice to have a few pascal games like back in April.
    Freeze Development | Elysion Game Framework | Twitter: @Stoney_FD
    Check out my new book: Irrlicht 1.7.1 Realtime 3D Engine Beginner's Guide (It's C++ flavored though)

Programmer: A device for converting coffein into software.

Blog Entries
    Whats the objective/rules for the competition? I might consider joining in
    I once tried to change the world. But they wouldn't give me the source code. Damned evil cunning.

Well, the rules are simple:
    - You have 48 hours to create game on the theme voted by the community
    - All of the assets in your game have to be created by yourself
    - You can use your favorite engine or existing base code as long as you announce it on the official blog

There is also a more relaxed jam. More information about the rules: http://www.ludumdare.com/compo/rules/
    Check out my new book: Irrlicht 1.7.1 Realtime 3D Engine Beginner's Guide (It's C++ flavored though)

I will try, but I start the friday night, before the start off, by getting very drunk. Those LD's are always rather badly placed in relation to something like that :/

But I'm sure I'll try. The hardest part is always getting the good idea The content and the code isn't any problem
    Peregrinus, expectavi pedes meos in cymbalis
    Nullus norvegicorum sole urinat

Wow. thanks for the heads up.

Unfortunatly I do have some exams next week, so I have to be carefull. I might join but it depends on the theme and on how much time I actually have during that weekend.
    Coders rule nr 1: Face ur bugz.. dont cage them with code, kill'em with ur cursor.

sorry it's not for me too, no spare time for that

Well, we'll see how things turn out I suppose. I have to send my shiny laptop in for repairs (fall sensor for the hdd is repeatedly having false alarms), so I've been working on backing it up. I still have my quite slower desktop and netbook, but the dev tools I use are going to be heavily dependent on the theme. Ideally, I would like to use andorra or zgl, andorra because it has pixel perfect collisions... but sadly there were a lot of people getting unexplainable errors trying to run my LD entry last time. (I may not use pascal at all)

Well, we will see how my time goes as to if I enter

cheers,
    Paul

The theme has been announced: It is Discovery.

Joining won't be such a good idea for me. I just woke up, so I allready lost 1/4th of my time. Also, I have to write a parser in Haskell and prep exams this weekend.

Hope they'll do another one during the winter of 2011.
    Coders rule nr 1: Face ur bugz.. dont cage them with code, kill'em with ur cursor.