Thread: 'new' intel demo based on opengl technologie called 'Pet Me'

'new' intel demo based on opengl technologie called 'Pet Me'

Intel released a tech demo using opengl instead of their usual directx based tech demos.
    It may have been around a while but i only discovered it today.

The demo is about multi-code simulation of soft-body characters using cloth.

More info (and sourcecode) is availeable on: http://software.intel.com/en-us/arti...-me-demo-page/

Be sure to take a look on the other tech demos also.
    http://3das.noeska.com - create adventure games without programming

Blog Entries
    Hmm. Now let me quote intel:

This enhances the pet to use CPU intensive cloth-simulation and a higher end CPU customer (4 core) would be able to have this pet vs lower end (2 core) would not
    Now I don't know about you but firstly there are plenty of very good 2 core cpus (or is the core 2 duo extreme skulltrail low end now intel?)... And I have seen some really rubbish quad core cpus (no, I'm not looking at you ATOM wannabies). And I've run this on wine 1.3.9 with chrome (35 tabs) 2 downloads, geany, flash, spotify, updates installing at the same time. I clocked >30 frames/sec on 1 model and >20 frames/sec with two. 3 models dropped to 18 and 4 models down to ~8 frames/sec. And I'm using ubuntu 10.10 on a 'low end' SU4100 pentium dual core at 1.3ghz.

Don't know about you intel, but if you ask me: FLOP. You make chips and can't accurately tell what they do. Maybe thats why my cpu beats my friends 2.66ghz E7300 by around 10fps on Halo 2 for vista... Hmm.

And since its CPU - I don't think it matters I have an ATI HD Radeon 4300. does it? Although I'd guess GMA would fare far worse. If you ask me: CULV for the win - Intel; back to the library.

anyway, sorry for the small rant to intel but seriously - 2 cores = low end? Never. I still have 1 core computers (pentium M) that are 8 years old firing vista no problems with aero support (legacy drivers) so intel - think before you ink.
    I once tried to change the world. But they wouldn't give me the source code. Damned evil cunning.