Thread: noob question about lazarus

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by code_glitch View Post
    Erm - sorry to say this will but you blundered a little. In his original code he does have a readln statement at the end... And yes, I missed it the first time - who doesn't? otherwise everything else is right on the money. As always.
    Ah right! Ok, it would pause until you hit the return key, but then it would disappear. Perhaps Vista and Windows 7 treat command prompts differently than Windows XP and previous?
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Blog Entries
    Nope, it would disappear. But on ubuntu if you just launch the program without $APPTYPE CONSOLE directive it never shows up in the first place - but it does create a thread that uses cpu and ram... And when you close it - the terminal window also goes. I found, in linux, either use the IDE to launch it or Ctrl + Alt + T and cd to the location the app is and do ./ProgramFile to run it in a terminal window that stays where it is...
    I once tried to change the world. But they wouldn't give me the source code. Damned evil cunning.

I think you only need {$APPTYPE CONSOLE} in Delphi mode
    Peregrinus, expectavi pedes meos in cymbalis
    Nullus norvegicorum sole urinat

hi again guys.

Thanks for all the help everyone. I'd been trying to use lazarus and spent a lot of time getting confused with it and I think I aught to say that I decided I'd stay with C but this evening I've changed my mind again. It's a big decision for me as it took me ages to learn C.

Anyway, my next plan is try and get to grips with Lazarus as it's very exciting to be learning something new so I intend to be a participating member of this community.

Thanks again for the warm welcome.

Speak again soon.