Thread: PaperSoccer

PaperSoccer

Paper Soccer is one of my first games (Delphi7+DirectX). Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Full game download: http://www.gamecask.com/forum/root/r...PaperSoccer.7z

Blog Entries
    Hey what a neat idea!

Is there instructions on how the gameplay works?
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

I thought that this game is more popular, so I'm sorry for lack of instructions.

This is what Wikipedia say about this gameplay:
    "Paper Soccer (sometimes called Paper Hockey) is a pencil and paper game for two players. In Poland and Russia, the game is very popular among school children and students.
    The game starts on an empty field of (usually) 8?ó10 boxes, with goals of two boxes wide as shown in the picture. In the beginning, a ball is drawn in the center of the field, on the crossing of the paper lines. Players move the ball in turns and aim to place it in the opponent's goal.
    In one turn, the ball may be moved into one of the eight paper line crossings around it (horizontally, vertically, or diagonally) and a segment from the original position to the new one is drawn to mark the move. The ball may move neither on the game field border nor on the segments marking the previous moves - instead, it "bounces" from them, and a player who moves the ball into a pofield border gets another turn.
    The first player to place the ball in the opponents goal wins the game. The game may also end when a player does not have a valid move, in which case that player loses."

It is better to set the difficulty level to 7, because the smaller are very weak AI.

thanks for this original project !
    Current (and lifetime) project: FAR Colony
    https://www.farcolony.com/