Sorry that this may seem like a one-way conversation for you so far. I myself am a new Mac user and I love FPC and have been using Lazarus and SDL for my development for some time so I find this topic very interesting actually. However I unfortunately cannot offer you too many solutions as I find myself stuck with the current version of Lazarus' use of the debugger crashing on my system.

I am however aware of the problem surrounding the current JEDI-SDL version with Lazarus on Mac OS X. Fortunately I just so happen to have direct access of the maintainer of the library and he has given me an unofficial copy of it, updated to work properly for the Mac. If you are interested, I can email you a copy of it to test out, just PM me and we'll talk.

I'm glad that there are more people trying to develop with Object Pascal on the Mac and posting about it. I myself am finding resources on the platform a bit sparse at the moment so the more people posting about this the better. Thanks for doing your part!