Thread: Is this... Useful?

Blog Entries

Is this... Useful?

I was looking around at what to add in to prometheus_video. And I had a sort of a brainwave: how about a guage system

I had an idea of two types of guage, a bar, and a circular one with fixed centerpiece.. Would anyone actually use this or not? And would it be worth implementing?

PS: I am working on the audio. Seriously.
    I once tried to change the world. But they wouldn't give me the source code. Damned evil cunning.

I think that most of the people would just go for the bar. Special controls like a circular gauge are quite game-specific. If people want to have that, they will probably want to tweak it's appearance anyway. If I were you, I would focus on the core of your library and let others make the special GUI controls they need.
    Coders rule nr 1: Face ur bugz.. dont cage them with code, kill'em with ur cursor.

Blog Entries
    Indeed. Although, since my focus at the moment was primitives and etc... I thought it might be the time to add this in. It would only need a few lines of code to implement it so i thought it may be a jice ting to have.
    I once tried to change the world. But they wouldn't give me the source code. Damned evil cunning.

Blog Entries
    Simplified UI stuff is always nice, because for some, designing nice menu screens or an in-game interface is always one of the more tedious tasks for game development unless you are using someone else's library.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Blog Entries
    Since some of th new code is going rather well, i dont see any harm in adding this... Don't intend on making it a primary focus though, so it may be a little robust for a while ;0