Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MAC OS Compatibility

MAC OS Compatibility

I'm doing some tests with the new yet unreleased Phoenix Version, and I successfully get a Mac demo running today! =). Here is the compiled demo... http://wagenheimer.com/temp/ImageListMACOS_Demo.zip .

Thanks again to Johannes Stein for all the help with this build.

Andreas is quite busy now, But I hope soon we can have the first beta of this new Phoenix version. I have two new games almost ready using it.

I will now port the Alpha Versions of my games to see if everything will work on MacOS, I will report here when completed! They will use Sound (Bass) and Lua Scripting, but I think that everything will works.

Quote Originally Posted by wagenheimer
    Here is the compiled demo...
    Code:
    dyld: Library not loaded: @excutable_path/../Frameworks/SDL.framework/Version/A/SDL
      blablabla
      blablabla
    Errmm, and where I must get it?

Strange...

Please download it here and install to Library/FrameWorks http://www.libsdl.org/release/SDL-1.2.14.dmg

It must have some way to embed everything with the application.

Quote Originally Posted by wagenheimer
    Please download it here and install to Library/FrameWorks
    This way it works fine(under MacOS X 10.6.5 in VirtualBox ). Also it works when I put SDL.framework into ImageList.app/Contents/Frameworks

Well... I'm removing all my Generics and Advanced Records to be able to compile my games... after it, I will try to compile my "Zombie Parashoot" game tech demo on it and will publish here... =)

Well... Bass (Sound) is working! I can see already the Loading Screen of my game! It only lacks LUA now. =)

liblua5.1.dylib
    Code:
    LuaHandle:= DynLibs.LoadLibrary(ALibName);

if LuaHandle = NilHandle then
      begin
         Result := False;
         Exit;
      end;
    LuaHandle is always returning NilHandle. FileExists(ALibName) returns true.

I use the same command to load Bass and it works.

Anybody have any idea of what is wrong?

Anybody have any idea of what is wrong?
    Do you compile Lua by your self? If so the maybe you forgot some options for linker, like "-no_order_inits" and "-no_order_data". Another variant - Lua compiled for MacOS X 10.6.x and you use MacOS X 10.5.x or lower

Well... I give up of dynamic linking LUA. I have changed back to Static Loading and now it works! =)

My game now compiled to Mac with almost 0 changes!!! =)

Zombie Parashoot is now working on MacOS also! It is a idea of a new game I hope to finish soon! It would go well in the IPAD / iPhone, but unfortunately it is a bit distant to me to get an IOS build using Lazarus + SDL yet (I hope this could change soon, I must find out how Hedgewars made it). But I think I'll finish it and launch it on the Mac App Store.

For those who want to test this first experimental version, please download it here http://wagenheimer.com/temp/ZombieParashoot.zip

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast